Reminder - Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54...

  • disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 28, 2005

      Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE

      Date: Thursday, October 13, 2005
      Time: All Day

      Born 1 August 10 B.C.E. First Disabled Emperor (presumed to have
      had cerebral palsy
      (Moorhead) Died 13th October 54 Deliberately poisoned by his own
      doctor Xenophon.
      He wrote 41 books, as Emperor he conquered Britain, along with
      16 elephants - freed 'infirm' or disabled slaves. After death
      declared a god.Tacitus - Sources: Suetonius, Pliny the Elder,
      Pliny the Younger, Sennca, Tacitus, St. Mark's Gospel, etc.
    • disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2005

        Death of Roman Emperor Claudius [41 - 54] CE