Reminder - Birthday Tiberius Claudius Caesar August...

  • disabilitystudies@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 12:02 PM

      Birthday Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus,

      Date: Monday, August 1, 2005
      Time: All Day

      The Emperor Claudius born 10 B.C. and Roman emperor from 41
      until 54 A.D],most likely had cerebral palsy, a physical
      condition from birth, that affected his ability to walk, he also
      had a speech impairment. As emperor, he led the most successful
      Roman invasion of Britain; in 43 (AD) he came with elephants.
      Claudius, introduced
      an edict forbidding the killing of a slave who had physical
      impairments or who had become infirm due to old age.

      On his death, he was made a Roman god. A Roman temple was
      dedicated to him in Colchester, Essex.