Re: [disabilitystudies] Invitation of suggestions/ comments on Draft National Policy for PWD

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2005
      Hello Nilesh,

      Today is the first I've had to check the mail.  I'm looking at the pdf tonight.  Have you sent it to the people at York U in Toronto who supposedly are studying disability law worldwide?  If you haven't, I'd be happy to send your message to them.  This is precisely the sort of thing they would be looking for.  This looks very promising, by the way.  How was the meeting?

      Louise

      Nilesh Singit <singitnilesh@...> wrote:
      Dear Friends,

      The governement is planning to bring a comprehensive policy on
      disability in India.A comprehensive policy is basically a path
      finding. We appreciate this attempt however, it is important that all
      give thier feedback on the draft policy and make sure that it really
      looks and becomes a policy!

      We received a copy of the aforesaid document a few days ago, whereas
      the document is supposed to have been circultaed from the 15th of
      June. Nevertheless, the deadline for submitting all comments/
      suggestions has been pushed forward from the 30th of June. A quick
      session of brainstorming, if possible at such short notice. Please
      visit the link and download the file
      http://socialjustice.nic.in/Draftpolicy.pdf

      The meeting has been scheduled at 16:00 on 8th July 2005 at
      Disability Rights Initiative
      India Centre for Human Rights and Law
      4th Floor, CVOD Jain School,
      84 Samuel Street, Pala Galli,
      Bombay, India – 400 009
      Tel No. 23439651 / 23436692
      Fax No. 23433698
      Email: dri@..., dribombay@...
      Contact for further details and directions:
      Nilesh Singit 09223465842
      Raju Waghmare 09820946125

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/