No activity in last 7 days
Dionysos-l is a place for the discussion of Dionysos in all his forms, ancient and modern. Mythologists, historians, and mystics all welcome. Appropriate topics include:
- The origins and evolution of Dionysos
- The worship of Dionysos in the ancient world
- The differences between Dionysos and his Roman manifestation as Bacchus
- The various myths surrounding Dionysos, and their interpretation
- The relationships between Dionysos and other deities (Zeus, Pan, Osiris, Shiva, etc.)
- The influence of other cultures on the worship of Dionysos
- The theory and practice of ecstatic religion
- Dionysian worship and the use of intoxication in spiritual practice
- Euripides' Bacchae, and other ancient literature in which Dionysos appears
- The transition from an ecstatic religion (maenadism) to a festival of theater
- The Orphic cult and Dionysos' place in the Orphic hymns
- Dionysos in philosophy and literature
- Books, magazine or journal articles, and other publications which discuss Dionysos or his worship, in any era of history
- The modern worship of Dionysos
- Jul 31, 1998
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.