RE: [dimeadozenjazzforum] Anyone know how to convert AC3 files to WAV?

  • Gary Badger
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013

      I’ve never tried it. But here are some suggestions from a forum I sometimes float by:

      http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1200417

      Cheers,

      Gary

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
        AC3 is a dolby surround format which carries more information than a standard stereo signal.

        So it's not going to decode or convert directly.  It would involve some sort of transcoding.

        Someone says BeSweet/BeLight will do it.  That's a good program to have...  but I don't know if it works on this.

        On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM, tom_ferrara <tom_ferrara@...> wrote:

        I tried downloading some software and none worked. Anyone here know how concert AC3 to WAV?

        __
      • Joerg
        Message 3 of 5 , May 23, 2013
          dBpoweramp Music Converter should do the trick:

          http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

          Joerg

          --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, "tom_ferrara" <tom_ferrara@...> wrote:

          > I tried downloading some software and none worked. Anyone here know how concert AC3 to WAV?

        • mikeos
          Message 4 of 5 , May 23, 2013
            Or Easy CD-DA Extractor