Nicole Mitchell, David Boykin - Live Videocast Every Sunday

  • ocapaim
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2010
      Please join Sonic Healing Ministries weekly,
      live videocast featuring our core group, The
      Microcosmic Sound Orchestra. We broadcast at
      2:00 pm Central Daylight Time (GMT-5).

      http://www.ustream.tv.user/davidboykin

      Musicians include:

      David Boykin - reeds & drums
      Nicole Mitchell - flute & voice
      Jayve Montgomery - reeds
      Joel Wanek - upright bass
      Alex Wing - guitar
      Ben Boye - piano
      Dan Godston - trumpet

      Please check out our archived videos:

      http://www.ustream.tv/user/davidboykin/videos

      ---

      SONIC HEALING MINISTRIES: SALVATION IS FREE... MUSIC

      Everything in existence on the physical plane, all energy/matter, vibrates at a particular frequency that defines it. Love is the force that harmonizes this myriad of frequencies and binds everything together into a functioning whole. Creative Music, free jazz, avant garde jazz, experiment music, improvised music, etc., is a sonic representation of this love. It is a unified expression and celebration of all the individuated experiences of creation simultaneously. It is a reverberation of the macrocosmic sound. WE BELIEVE... ...music (vibration) has the power to transform matter ...in and are dedicated to the evolution of humanity and the uplifting of the Black race ...the great purpose of all music/art is the evolution of humanity ...so called “jazz music” is an art form created by Black people in North America ...the goal of an artistic expression should be to raise the level of consciousness of the listener and the performer ...that after experiencing a work of art, one should be in a higher state of being than prior to the experience OUR GOALS: World Peace Provide free music/art concerts... Build an ideal performance /healing space for musical theatre... Provide free music lessons Investigate the psychological and physical effects of experiencing a work of art on individual... Increase public awareness and perception of creative music.

      For more info contact:
      SONIC HEALING MINISTRIES - David Boykin - abekuabeku@...
    • ocapaim
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2010