Re: Duke Ellington - Berlin 1969

  • hamhen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hello everyone,

      I recorded a 111 min broadcast of Duke Ellington in Berlin, 1969-11-08 from German "RBB Kulturradio". I wanted to seed it on Dime but discovered a DVD release:

      http://www.freshsoundrecords.com/record.php?record_id=4457

      This incomplete release appears to be a bootleg; "Discovery Records" is a part of the "Fresh Sound Records" company in Spain. Their catalogue consists mostly of non-legitimate releases. Does anyone know if this recording has been released legitimately on another label?

      Greetings,

      Henning (hamhen)

    • Francesco Martinelli
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2009
        Dear Friends
        does anyone have in their collection the 9 April 1966, Europe 1 radio
        broadcast of D. Ellington Orchestra from Dakar, Senegal? The b'casted part
        begins with "Take the A Train" and ends with "Jam with Sam.", and most
        probably is not the complete concert. but a very important document anyway.
        Thanks for any help
        Francesco - Siena