Sonny Rollins Live at the Village Vanguard 1957.

  • tom_ferrara
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2008
      We all know the Blue Note albums that were recorded at the Village
      Vanguard in 1957. Someone trader has these on his list, but insists
      the tracks he has were the ones left off the albums. Now does anyone
      know if these rejected tracks do still exists? Has anyone ever seen
      them being offered? I don't like trading for official meterial.

      Bluenote2005.
    • dsgtrane@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2008
        It's certainly quite possible. See if he'll provide some info; track
        times, tities, dates, etc.

        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2008
          Outside of the track times, he doesn't know the titles of the tunes.
          Can't hurt trading for it on the blind. That's how I got the Trane and
          Wes recording. ;)
        • dsgtrane@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2008
            Don't bother seeding that. I heard the sound's only so-so.

            :-)

          • alligator69@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2008
              I think everything was released as bonus tracks with the official re-master.

              > It's certainly quite possible. See if he'll provide some info;
              > track
              > times, tities, dates, etc.

            • hal_1598
              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2008
                On a side note, does anyone know when the '57 VOA Carnegie Hall show
                is going to be released by Sonny? As most probably know, it was
                originally going to be released with the 2007 Carnegie Hall show, but
                Sonny said he didn't like the recording he did in September so that
                release was scrapped.

                Hopefully nobody lets Sonny listen to the '57 tapes!

                --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, "tom_ferrara"
                <tom_ferrara@...> wrote:

                > We all know the Blue Note albums that were recorded at the Village
                > Vanguard in 1957. Someone trader has these on his list, but insists
                > the tracks he has were the ones left off the albums. Now does anyone
                > know if these rejected tracks do still exists? Has anyone ever seen
                > them being offered? I don't like trading for official meterial.
                >
                > Bluenote2005.
              • tom_ferrara
                Message 7 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                  I have the 2007 recording. :)
                  Did it myself. I wonder if I can see it on dime now that is scraped
                  it?

                  --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, "hal_1598" <hal_1598@...>

                • dsgtrane@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                    I don't see why not.

                    wrote:

                    > On a side note, does anyone know when the '57 VOA Carnegie Hall show
                    > is going to be released by Sonny? As most probably know, it was
                    > originally going to be released with the 2007 Carnegie Hall show,
                    but
                    > Sonny said he didn't like the recording he did in September so that
                    > release was scrapped.
                    >
                    > Hopefully nobody lets Sonny listen to the '57 tapes!
                    >

                    > --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, "tom_ferrara"
                    > <tom_ferrara@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > We all know the Blue Note albums that were recorded at the
                    Village
                    > > Vanguard in 1957. Someone trader has these on his list, but
                    insists
                    > > the tracks he has were the ones left off the albums. Now does
                    anyone
                    > > know if these rejected tracks do still exists? Has anyone ever
                    seen
                    > > them being offered? I don't like trading for official meterial.
                    > >
                    > > Bluenote2005.

                  • Chris Smart
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                      Even if you can't, can I get a copy somehow? maybe through
                      mininova, demonoid, or a private trade through ftp, sendspace.com
                      or yousendit.com?
                      Pleeeeeeeease??

                      Chris
                    • Chris Smart
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 2, 2008
                        Never mind ... just downloaded it. Thanks!
                        Chris
                      • Shaun Toole
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 3, 2008
                          So-so or not so so-so, it may be worth hearing to me. If you get 'em,
                          please seed 'em, assuming they would be Dime-approved.

                          smt

                        • dsgtrane@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 3, 2008
                            Shaun-I was referring to the legendary Trane-Wes show which Tom mentioned.  Needless to say I was only kidding, thus the smiley face.

                            So-so or not so so-so, it may be worth hearing to me. If you get 'em,
                            please seed 'em, assuming they would be Dime-approved.

                            smt
                            --- In dimeadozenjazzforum @yahoogroups. com, dsgtrane@... wrote:

                            > Don't bother seeding that. I heard the sound's only so-so.
                            >
                            > :-)

                          • Shaun Toole
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 4, 2008
                              Sometimes it's hard to detect the tongue in the cheek in the written
                              word. And I missed the smiley. Nonetheless...

                              Man, I turned 2 years old in 1957.

                              Message 14 of 14 , May 4, 2008
                                Yeah, I know what you mean.

                                As for the Rollins show, I was a mere embryo at the time.