Anyone record best of 2007 on the beeb?

  • Bill Dennehy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
      Best of Live 2007

      Presenter: Jez Nelson
      Producer: Robert Abel

      Jazz On 3 signature tune performed by SOIL & 'PIMP' SESSIONS live in
      the Jazz Lounge at the 2007 Glastonbuy Festival on the 22nd June 2007

      Shacho - agitator, spirit
      Tabu zombie - trumpet
      Motoharu - sax
      Josei - piano
      Akita Goldman - bass
      Midoryn - drums

      Seventy Four Miles Away (Joe Zawinul)

      Charlie Hunter Trio recorded live at the Pizza Express, Dean Street,
      Soho London on the 16th November 2007, the first night of the 2007
      London Jazz Festival

      Charlie Hunter - guitar
      Tony Mason - drums
      Erik Deutsch - keyboard

      Drop A Dime (Charlie Hunter)

      Digital Primitives (Assif Tsahar, Cooper Moore and Chad Taylor)
      recorded live at the Tea Lounge, New York, on Wednesday 6th December 2006

      Cooper Moore - diddley bow, twanger, penny whistle, flute
      Chad Taylor - drums
      Assif Tsahar - tenor saxophone and bass clarinet

      Back Porch Chill (Tsahar / Moore)

      Bob Belden's Animation recorded live at the Merkin Hall, New York on
      9th December 2006

      Tim Hagans - trumpet
      Bob Belden - soprano sax (tacet on this track)
      Scott Kinsey - keyboards
      Matt Garrison - bass
      Guy Licata - drums,
      DJ Logic - turntables
      DJ King-Size - turntables, moog

      Pharaoh's Dance (Joe Zawinul)

      Wayne Shorter Quartet recorded live at the Barbican, London, on 10th
      November 2006

      Wayne Shorter - saxophone
      Danilo Perez - piano
      John Patitucci - bass
      Brian Blade - drums

      Footprints (Wayne Shorter)

      For details of the 2008 Fresh Festival, Liverpool featuring a gig by
      the Wayne Shorter Quartet visit
      http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/others2008/fresh/

      Basquiat Strings + Seb Rochford, Ellery Eskelin & Simon H. Fell
      recorded live at the BBC Electric Proms, FreeDM Studios, Camden on
      Friday 26th October 2007

      Emma Smith, Victoria Fifield - violins
      Jennymay Logan - viola
      Ben Davis - cello
      Richard Pryce - double-bass
      Sebastian Rochford - drums
      Ellery Eskelin - tenor saxophone
      Simon H. Fell - bass

      Lonely Woman (Ornette Coleman)

      Bennie Maupin Ensemble recorded live at the Everyman Theatre,
      Cheltenham as part of the 2007 Cheltenham Jazz Festival on Sunday May
      6th 2007

      Bennie Maupin - bass clarinet, soprano and tenor saxophones, alto flute
      Michael Stephans - drums, percussion, spoken word
      Darek Oles - bass
      Munyungo Jackson - percussion

      Walter Bishop Jr. (Bennie Maupin)

      The Claudia Quintet recorded in the Town Hall Pillar Room at the
      Cheltenham Jazz Festival, 3pm, Saturday May 5th 2007

      Line-up:

      John Hollenbeck - drums and percussion
      Ted Reichmann - accordion
      Drew Gress - bass
      Matt Moran - vibraphone
      Chris Speed - tenor saxophone and clarinet

      This Too Shall Pass (John Hollenbeck)

      Medeski Scofield Martin & Wood recorded live at the Barbican on Sunday
      15th July 2007

      John Medeski - keyboards: Hammond Organ, Rhodes, Clavinet, Wurlitzer,
      Melodica and Mellotron
      John Scofield - guitars
      Billy Martin
      Chris Wood

      Miles Behind (Medeski / Scofield / Martin & Wood)

      John Tchicai with Spring Heel Jack recorded live in the Jazz Lounge at
      the 2007 Glastonbuy Festival on the 22nd June 2007

      Line-up:

      John Tchicai - saxophones and bass clarinet
      Ashley Wales - electronics / bells and shakers
      John Coxon - electric guitar / bells and shakers / melodica
      Mark Sanders - drums

      Set list:

      Solemn (J. Tchicai / J. Coxon / A. Wales)

      Mike Gibbs 70th Birthday Big Band recorded live at the CBSO Centre in
      Birmingham on Saturday 6th October 2007

      Bill Frisell - guitar
      Steve Swallow - bass
      Adam Nussbaum - drums
      Chris Hunter, Stan Sulzmann, Julian Siegel - saxophones
      Henry Lowther, Gerard Presencer, Claus Stotter, John Barclay - trumpet
      Jeremy Price, Andy Wood, Sarah Williams, Pete Beachill - trombones
      Jim Rattigan - French horn
      Hans Koller - piano

      Fanfare (Mike Gibbs)
    • Art Alexion
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
        I hope so....

        On Thursday 03 January 2008 12:10:26 Bill Dennehy wrote:
> [...]
        >
        > John Tchicai with Spring Heel Jack recorded live in the Jazz Lounge at
        > the 2007 Glastonbuy Festival on the 22nd June 2007
        >
        > Line-up:
        >
        > John Tchicai - saxophones and bass clarinet
        > Ashley Wales - electronics / bells and shakers
        > John Coxon - electric guitar / bells and shakers / melodica
        > Mark Sanders - drums
        >
        > Set list:
        >
        > Solemn (J. Tchicai / J. Coxon / A. Wales)
        >
        > Mike Gibbs 70th Birthday Big Band recorded live at the CBSO Centre in
        > Birmingham on Saturday 6th October 2007
        >
        > Bill Frisell - guitar
        > Steve Swallow - bass
        > Adam Nussbaum - drums
        > Chris Hunter, Stan Sulzmann, Julian Siegel - saxophones
        > Henry Lowther, Gerard Presencer, Claus Stotter, John Barclay - trumpet
        > Jeremy Price, Andy Wood, Sarah Williams, Pete Beachill - trombones

      • Chris Smart
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
          I hope someone taped it. Alas, I guess we can't see the Scofield
          track on Dime.
          Chris