Re:Bit Torrent Under Attack!

  • TweeKid@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
      My cable provider loves to throttle people back and has been doing so for years now.  One day I realized that I had gone for 14000 kbps to around 500 kbps and called and asked why.  That was  the first time that I ever heard the word "throttling" and that was a few years ago.  The other trick that they seem to like is shutting down access when too many torrents are being downloaded/uploaded, the remedy is just resetting the home wireless router but still annoying.  For myself I can say this is the reason for my crappy upload ratio.  Yes, my cable provider is both screwing with my bit torrents and TOTALLY SCREWING UP MY NEW YORK KNICKS!!!

    • dsgtrane@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2007
        I don't think even throttling is as big a crime as what the Knicks Circus has become.  WTF happened against Boston the other night.