Hello Everyone!

  • Mike In Boone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2005
      hey,
      so good to have a new forum for us to chat. missed
      STG so much. hope to see all the familiar faces here
      soon!!!

      mike

      Just Do The Things That Come To You And You'll Always Be True - moe.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • jackgrabbedit
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2005
        I appreciate the initiative for establishing such a forum and seeing
        familiar names. But I dislike yahoo groups because they are very user
        unfriendly. I suggest finding a more comfortable platform and
        software
        at this early stage. Best would be a forum integrated into the
        dimeadozen website. Next best solution: your server with customized
        software, providers:
        http://www.messaging-software.net/message-board-software.htm
        http://www.webbasedprogramming.com/CGI-Programming-Unleashed/ch9.htm
        and many more.

        boatini wrote: [quote]
        The one thing I really miss about "Sharing the Groove", was the Jazz
        Forum, where one could request seeds, or ask questions not related to
        any existing seeds.
        [unquote]

        Since there is no real conjunction between this forum and the
        dimeadozen torrent list, how does this forum help you reach an owner
        of
        those recordings which you are after? Fora with integrated discussion
        boards such as thetradersden have at least the advantage that
        entering
        into the search panel for instance "Miles" or "Miles Davis" will
        return
        torrents AND requests/discussions. No guarantee still that an owner
        will provide, but much more functional.

        Note:
        I tried locating "dimeadozenjazzforum" and each of its particles
        ("dime", "dozen", ...) in a search and none would have taken me here.
        I tried "jazz", and it returned me 2820 (!) yahoo news groups. But no
        way to get here.
        Got here via the email signup only.

        --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, Mike In Boone
        <mikeinboone@y...> wrote:
        > hey,
        > so good to have a new forum for us to chat. missed
        > STG so much. hope to see all the familiar faces here
        > soon!!!
        >
        > mike
        >

        > Just Do The Things That Come To You And You'll Always Be True - moe.

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • hepdudegroups
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2005
          --- In dimeadozenjazzforum@yahoogroups.com, "jackgrabbedit"
          <mangfall@t...> wrote:
          > I appreciate the initiative for establishing such a forum and seeing
          > familiar names. But I dislike yahoo groups because they are very user
          > unfriendly. I suggest finding a more comfortable platform and
          > software
          > at this early stage. Best would be a forum integrated into the
          > dimeadozen website. Next best solution: your server with customized
          > software, providers:
          > http://www.messaging-software.net/message-board-software.htm
          > http://www.webbasedprogramming.com/CGI-Programming-Unleashed/ch9.htm
          > and many more.

          Actually, Google has a new Groups web site that should be more user
          friendly than Yahoo!Groups.

          It's at:

          http://groups.google.com

          which used to only have newsgroups, but now allows one to start a new
          Google Group.