Sorry: block zero is BAD!

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2004
      I have tried using DIGTRX 1.52a on 2 different computers( A laptop
      @1.56 ghz and a desktop @ 1.2ghz)and have not been able to decode any
      pictures even though the signal is -15 to -20, waterfall is great. I
      keep getting either too many bad blocks or block zero is bad. Does
      this program have a troubleshooting guide somewhere?
    • Bob Poortinga
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2004
        > I have tried using DIGTRX 1.52a on 2 different computers( A laptop
        > @1.56 ghz and a desktop @ 1.2ghz)and have not been able to decode any
        > pictures even though the signal is -15 to -20, waterfall is great. I
        > keep getting either too many bad blocks or block zero is bad.

        One thing that I've learned is that I must turn off my anti-virus
        software while running DIGTRX because it interferes with the recording
        of the audio. You should also close any media players or browser
        windows. If running XP, you can also increase priority of DIGTRX with
        the Task Manager. Do the 3-finger salute (CTL-ALT-DEL) and select
        'Task Manager'. Click on 'Processes' tab and right click on DIGTRX.EXE
        and select 'Set Priority -> Above Normal'. DO NOT SET HIGHER THAN
        'ABOVE NORMAL' or you may crash your system.

        > Does this program have a troubleshooting guide somewhere?

        Not that I'm aware of.

        --
        Bob Poortinga K9SQL
        Bloomington, Indiana US