Re: DigTrx waterfall crashing

  • Roland M. Zurmely
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 22, 2004
      I made a test that showed that the waterfall has problems with
      Pentium 4 HT, with Hyper Threading enabled.
      Disabling HT in BIOS solves the problem...

      But I am trying to solve this very strange bug...

      73 de Roland PY4ZBZ.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2004
        From: "Roland M. Zurmely" <py4zbz@...>

        > I made a test that showed that the waterfall has problems with
        > Pentium 4 HT, with Hyper Threading enabled.
        > Disabling HT in BIOS solves the problem...
        >
        > But I am trying to solve this very strange bug...
        >
        > 73 de Roland PY4ZBZ.

        You need a strategically placed critical section in your code to
        block two threads from having simultaneous access to the same data.
        With Hyper Threading "simultaneous access" takes on a new level of
        significance since you can literally have two threads running at
        the same instant. If they happen to access the same data you can
        find yourself falling into troubles.

        {^_^}