Still No Pic's

  • m5mkw
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi All

      New to this so probably the questions already been asked.
      Have down loaded the program and the additional files required.
      Found a lot of activity on 3.733MHz. The call signs in the waterfall
      are fine. The auto record starts in the (I asume) correct place, and
      stops altomaticly. The problem is the decoding, all I ever get is
      decode error. No leader/trailer/too many errors. Have tried several
      setting etc but still no pictures. Any suggestions?
      HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      73 de Mark M5MKW
    • kb4yz
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi Mark,

        Try encoding a picture to send, then run a test at
        decoding it. I would give you the steps but I am
        away from home. If all works well, then you would
        know that there is something wrong with the incoming
        signal.

        73 Dave KB4YZ

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "m5mkw" <m5mkw@y...> wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > New to this so probably the questions already been asked.
        > Have down loaded the program and the additional files required.
        > Found a lot of activity on 3.733MHz. The call signs in the waterfall
        > are fine. The auto record starts in the (I asume) correct place, and
        > stops altomaticly. The problem is the decoding, all I ever get is
        > decode error. No leader/trailer/too many errors. Have tried several
        > setting etc but still no pictures. Any suggestions?
        > HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        >
        > 73 de Mark M5MKW
      • Jacques Mezan de Malartic
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
          Hi Mark,

          I am also testing new releases of Digtrx by listening on 3733 and have a very bad success rate. I dont know what these guys are sometimes doing as I dont understand german but I often find very strange waterfall and audio spectrum with many de-emphasis or pre-enphasis. When, the 8 tones amplitude are equally distributed in average while masking the fading effect, it generally has a better chance of success.
          Was it better with previous release ?
          I have not downloaded the 1.24 up to now ..
          If you want, we can arrange a sked for test on 7 MHz or even 10 MHz and make some trials together. I am near Paris and not so far from the Channel and we may have good propagation between us on these band daily...
          73'
          Jacques / F2MM

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
            Hi

            Try decoding the signals found on 14.240MHz. I have had little success with
            the 80m sigs but the ones on 20m are much better.

            73 de JOHN

            ---
            This e-mail has been checked for viruses using AVG Anti-virus.
            No known viruses were sent with this message.
          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
              14.233 is where the digital SSTV hams hang out. W0LMD was on this
              afternoon from Confer, CO and he puts out quite a good signal from the
              mountain there. Had some real nice pictures while he was in a couple
              of QSO's.
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 1, 2003
                Experience on 3845 some time ago indicates that 75 meters is not "the best
                of all possible bands" for digital SSTV modes. The band tends to "enjoy"
                extreme multipath when it is open for more than groundwave ranges. The
                "HDSSTV" transmission mode is not ideally suited for these levels of
                multipath distortion.

                Even analog SSTV modes have some multipath problems that make image
                reception, even with strong signals, rather poor. (The longer transmission
                time modes seem to do better than the short ones for some reason.)

                I'd try 20 meters instead.

                {^_^} W6MKU
                New to this so probably the questions already been asked.
                Have down loaded the program and the additional files required.
                Found a lot of activity on 3.733MHz. The call signs in the waterfall
                are fine. The auto record starts in the (I asume) correct place, and
                stops altomaticly. The problem is the decoding, all I ever get is
                decode error. No leader/trailer/too many errors. Have tried several
                setting etc but still no pictures. Any suggestions?
                HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                73 de Mark M5MKW

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • John R Wells
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2003
                  Yes maybe, but Mark is in England. Try 14.240MHz Mark, that seems to be a
                  good frequency for Europeans including 9H4CM.

                  John
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 25, 2003
                    Cheers all for the information. Have been monitoring 14MHz with
                    simaluar success. About 1 in 20 decoded properly. I have found that
                    opening the filter to about 100Hz seems to help. Have started to
                    organise some transmitttions on 2 metres. Will post results soon.
                    Sorry for the lack of responses as I have been working away.

                    73, Happy christmas and a good new year.

                    Mark

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 26, 2003
                      Hi

                      Season's Greetings to those who celebrate!

                      Looks like PY4ZBZ's been busy again. New version of DigTrx came out on 23rd
                      December with an interesting new feature. See his web page.

                      Hello I5ADJ, saw you on 14240 today but my PC is slow and it crashed when
                      trying to decode ur pic at 1509GMT. Decoded ur lighthouse earlier. FB.
                      Will try agn another day!

                      73!

                      John M5AML PII 366MHz!!

                      ---