Re: [digsstv] .out files???

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
      Hi John,

      Yes, the "Wyman1x-decode-default.out" is the decoded output
      of the decoder but the file name could not be guaranteed to have
      been decoded properly due to too much corruption in the first
      block of data (Block 0). With the previous decoder, the raw
      data of the decoder would sometimes result in trash characters
      in the file name. This change was implemented to prevent the
      forming of invalid file names.

      If you find cases of this file name for files that decode without
      Block 0 corrupted, let me know the circumstances.

      If Block 0 is the only bad block, or there were very few bad
      blocks, then it may be possible to view the image. To do so,
      rename the "Wyman1x-decode-default.out" file to the proper
      name, or at least change the extension to what you think it
      should have been. The JP2 extension will cause my computer
      to view the file in IrfanView. IrfanView is good at viewing
      images that have corrupt data or file name extensions. Only
      about 1% of the times I do this will I get a useful image.

      73 Dave KB4YZ

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
        I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
        that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
        application running in the background.

        You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
        MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
        resources become limited and windows may crash.

        It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
        The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
        Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
        changes could be done to work around this problem.

        73 Dave KB4YZ
      • John R Wells
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
          Thanks Dave!!

          John

          ---
          This e-mail has been checked for viruses using AVG Anti-virus.
          No known viruses were sent with this message.
        • dl8le
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 10, 2003
            In order to avoid resource problems I can only recommend W98 - users
            to upgrade to W2K, which worked very well even on my old Pentium II
            PC. After doing this I have eliminated nearly all resource problems I
            had before with my W98SE. Only one remark for those who like to do
            so: It may be possible that you need some drivers out of the
            internet. Therefore be careful to store the internet access data
            somewhere because you have to go through the complete set up for all
            internet access connections again after the W2K - installation (at
            least this was new for me ... and caused me some trouble, hi).

            Good luck!

            73

            Juergen, DL8LE

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@t...> wrote:
            > I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
            > that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
            > application running in the background.
            >
            > You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
            > MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
            > resources become limited and windows may crash.
            >
            > It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
            > The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
            > Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
            > changes could be done to work around this problem.
            >
            > 73 Dave KB4YZ
          • Chris
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 11, 2003
              How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?

              Chris N0TTW

              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "dl8le" <juergen.sturhahn@t...> wrote:
              > In order to avoid resource problems I can only recommend W98 -
              users
              > to upgrade to W2K, which worked very well even on my old Pentium II
              > PC. After doing this I have eliminated nearly all resource problems
              > had before with my W98SE. Only one remark for those who like to do
              > so: It may be possible that you need some drivers out of the
              > internet. Therefore be careful to store the internet access data
              > somewhere because you have to go through the complete set up for
              all
              > internet access connections again after the W2K - installation (at
              > least this was new for me ... and caused me some trouble, hi).
              >
              > Good luck!
              >
              > 73
              >
              > Juergen, DL8LE
              >
              > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@t...> wrote:
              > > I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
              > > that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
              > > application running in the background.
              > >
              > > You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
              > > MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
              > > resources become limited and windows may crash.
              > >
              > > It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
              > > The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
              > > Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
              > > changes could be done to work around this problem.
              > >
              > > 73 Dave KB4YZ
            • Roger J. Buffington
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 11, 2003
                If you mean Windows ME, it was the buggiest, worst OS Microsoft ever put out.  Stay away from it.
                de Roger, W6VZV
                barrister54@...

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 11, 2003
                  Yes, the WINOLDAP appears on ME too !

                  73 Dave KB4YZ

                  Chris wrote:

                  >How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?
                  >
                  >Chris N0TTW
                  >

                  >> I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
                  >>
                  >>>that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
                  >>>application running in the background.
                  >>>
                  >>>73 Dave KB4YZ

                • Paul Gates
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 11, 2003
                    You better believe it that "ME" is buggy. I finally got XP on my laptop. With ME my dvd drive would not work for movies, and could not work PSK. Now with XP on the laptop everything is working good.
                    Paul
                    If you mean Windows ME, it was the buggiest, worst OS Microsoft ever put out.  Stay away from it.
                    de Roger, W6VZV
                    barrister54@...

                    How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?

                    Chris N0TTW

                  • kb4yz
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 23, 2003
                      I have information on the WINOLDAP problem here:
                      http://www.kiva.net/~djones/winoldap.htm

                      73 Dave KB4YZ