.out files???

  • John R Wells
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8 3:21 PM
      Hello,

      I keep receiving files named Wyman1x-decode-default.out.

      What is this all about and what do I do with them. Are they corrupted
      files?

      73
      John
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 10 9:16 AM
        Hi John,

        Yes, the "Wyman1x-decode-default.out" is the decoded output
        of the decoder but the file name could not be guaranteed to have
        been decoded properly due to too much corruption in the first
        block of data (Block 0). With the previous decoder, the raw
        data of the decoder would sometimes result in trash characters
        in the file name. This change was implemented to prevent the
        forming of invalid file names.

        If you find cases of this file name for files that decode without
        Block 0 corrupted, let me know the circumstances.

        If Block 0 is the only bad block, or there were very few bad
        blocks, then it may be possible to view the image. To do so,
        rename the "Wyman1x-decode-default.out" file to the proper
        name, or at least change the extension to what you think it
        should have been. The JP2 extension will cause my computer
        to view the file in IrfanView. IrfanView is good at viewing
        images that have corrupt data or file name extensions. Only
        about 1% of the times I do this will I get a useful image.

        73 Dave KB4YZ

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 10 9:28 AM
          I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
          that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
          application running in the background.

          You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
          MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
          resources become limited and windows may crash.

          It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
          The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
          Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
          changes could be done to work around this problem.

          73 Dave KB4YZ
        • John R Wells
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 10 10:14 AM
            Thanks Dave!!

            John

            ---
            This e-mail has been checked for viruses using AVG Anti-virus.
            No known viruses were sent with this message.
          • dl8le
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 10 12:55 PM
              In order to avoid resource problems I can only recommend W98 - users
              to upgrade to W2K, which worked very well even on my old Pentium II
              PC. After doing this I have eliminated nearly all resource problems I
              had before with my W98SE. Only one remark for those who like to do
              so: It may be possible that you need some drivers out of the
              internet. Therefore be careful to store the internet access data
              somewhere because you have to go through the complete set up for all
              internet access connections again after the W2K - installation (at
              least this was new for me ... and caused me some trouble, hi).

              Good luck!

              73

              Juergen, DL8LE

              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@t...> wrote:
              > I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
              > that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
              > application running in the background.
              >
              > You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
              > MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
              > resources become limited and windows may crash.
              >
              > It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
              > The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
              > Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
              > changes could be done to work around this problem.
              >
              > 73 Dave KB4YZ
            • Chris
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 11 12:10 AM
                How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?

                Chris N0TTW

                --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "dl8le" <juergen.sturhahn@t...> wrote:
                > In order to avoid resource problems I can only recommend W98 -
                users
                > to upgrade to W2K, which worked very well even on my old Pentium II
                > PC. After doing this I have eliminated nearly all resource problems
                > had before with my W98SE. Only one remark for those who like to do
                > so: It may be possible that you need some drivers out of the
                > internet. Therefore be careful to store the internet access data
                > somewhere because you have to go through the complete set up for
                all
                > internet access connections again after the W2K - installation (at
                > least this was new for me ... and caused me some trouble, hi).
                >
                > Good luck!
                >
                > 73
                >
                > Juergen, DL8LE
                >
                > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Dave Jones <djones@t...> wrote:
                > > I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
                > > that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
                > > application running in the background.
                > >
                > > You may recall that this was a big problem with SSTV-Pal-
                > > MultiMode. Once many WINOLDAP's are running, system
                > > resources become limited and windows may crash.
                > >
                > > It appears that this problem started with DIGTRX ver 1.20.
                > > The new JASPER image .dll was added about that time.
                > > Alan, KC0OR, is checking into this to determine what
                > > changes could be done to work around this problem.
                > >
                > > 73 Dave KB4YZ
              • Roger J. Buffington
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 11 7:27 AM
                  If you mean Windows ME, it was the buggiest, worst OS Microsoft ever put out.  Stay away from it.
                  de Roger, W6VZV
                  barrister54@...

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 11 8:37 AM
                    Yes, the WINOLDAP appears on ME too !

                    73 Dave KB4YZ

                    Chris wrote:

                    >How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?
                    >
                    >Chris N0TTW
                    >

                    >> I have reports from DIGTRX users running Windows 98 SE
                    >>
                    >>>that they have just recently started getting the WINOLDAP
                    >>>application running in the background.
                    >>>
                    >>>73 Dave KB4YZ

                  • Paul Gates
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 11 10:22 AM
                      You better believe it that "ME" is buggy. I finally got XP on my laptop. With ME my dvd drive would not work for movies, and could not work PSK. Now with XP on the laptop everything is working good.
                      Paul
                      If you mean Windows ME, it was the buggiest, worst OS Microsoft ever put out.  Stay away from it.
                      de Roger, W6VZV
                      barrister54@...

                      How bout WinME? Does this suffer from the same problem as 98SE?

                      Chris N0TTW

                    • kb4yz
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 23 4:09 AM
                        I have information on the WINOLDAP problem here:
                        http://www.kiva.net/~djones/winoldap.htm

                        73 Dave KB4YZ