Re: [digsstv] DIGTRX 1.19

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2003
      Hi Eric,

      First check your software.
      Load an image to transmit.  Click TOOLS and DECODE
      LAST CODED SELF TEST.  If this decodes with "0 bad
      blocks", then your software is OK.

      Check your sound card levels.
      See these web pages:
      http://www.kiva.net/~djones/sweep.htm
      http://www.kiva.net/~djones/level.htm

      Try sending shorter files.  Start with some
      that transmit in 20 or 30 seconds.  Look at
      your decode results.  If you are not getting
      "0 bad blocks", then you must have something
      set up wrong.  It could be your interface.

      Good luck and 73
      Dave KB4YZ

      Eric S. Johansson wrote:
      Paul Gates wrote:

      Would you mind telling me what the heck RTS stands for. I was setting up
      for PSK and SSTV today and was not receiving PSK. I clicked on the RTS
      in Hamscope software and com 1 appeared. I now am able to receive PSK!

      RTS=Request To Send.  It's one of the RS 232 control lines.  If memory
      serves, it is taken low when a sender wishes to send (i.e. has data in
      its buffers) and is waiting for the receiver's clear to send (CTS) line
      to go to the right state.  These two signals make up what is called
      hardware flow control.

      BTW, The basic interaction is correct but I just don't remember which
      direction the signals go to activate.

      ---eric

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2003
        I have heard from several DIGTRX users that they have had
        problems downloading DIGTRX 1.20 and RDFT 2.02A.

        To make it more convienent, I have combined all the necessary
        files into a single download that is available through this web page:

        http://www.kiva.net/~djones/digtrx.htm

        Installation instructions, license information and documentation files
        are included
        in the archive of the file "digtrx.zip".