Re: [digsstv] idea ?

  • harvee1
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      SUGGESTION TO THE WRITER.......
      SOME PEOPLE HAVE EYE PROBLEMS...
      WAKE UP.. HE ISN'T SHOUTING...
      I AM..
      DE K2CJP

      jdow wrote:
      Gee, David, you don't have to scream. {o.o} All caps is seen as shouting
      in the civilized world. (And if you run PSK31 mode, which uses an optimized
      coding for the characters, you'll find that lower case transmits materially
      faster than upper case. The upper case letter codes are longer than the
      lower case codes.)

      {^_-}
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD"
        <wd4kpd@b...> wrote:
        > I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH USE FOR THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW WITH THE AUDIO
        SINE
        > WAVE.
        > MAY YOU CONSIDER REPLACING IT WITH A PREVIEW OF EITHER THE PRECODED
        PICS OR
        > THE FOLDER OF YOUR PIC LIBRARY. THEN YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON AND
        HAVE IT
        > TRANSFERRED TO THE TX BUFFER, INSTEAD OF GOING THRU THE MENU
        PROCEDURE.
        > MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE....I ALWAYS HAVE IRFANVIEW RUNNING, OR MY PIC
        LIBRARY
        > FOLDER
        > IN VIEW WITH THUMBNAILS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRAG AND DROP PICS
        FROM THE
        > FOLDER TO THE TX BUFFER.

        I have to disagree with removing the right-hand window containing the
        audio sine wave, since one of my sons (12 years) is severely deaf and
        studying for his Foundation Licence here in the UK.

        Any visual aids to operating SSTV are very much appreciated.

        I agree that the function you also mention regarding picture
        libraries has merit and is used elsewhere, I support this request.

        73 de Wayne M5WJF
      • John R Wells
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2003
          Rubbish. If you want to shout use an excamation mark. CAPS ARE ONLY
          SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET AND THAT WAS INVENTED BY A COMPUTER GEEK
          > Gee, David, you don't have to scream. {o.o} All caps is seen as shouting
          > in the civilized world. (And if you run PSK31 mode, which uses an
          optimized
          > coding for the characters, you'll find that lower case transmits
          materially
          > faster than upper case. The upper case letter codes are longer than the
          > lower case codes.)
          >
          > {^_-}

          ---
          This e-mail has been checked for viruses using AVG.
          No known viruses were sent with this message.
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2003
            We're on the Internet if you have not noticed.
            {^_-}
            > Rubbish. If you want to shout use an excamation mark. CAPS ARE ONLY
            > SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET AND THAT WAS INVENTED BY A COMPUTER GEEK
          • Jim/KJ7S
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2003
              Is the whining going to stop anytime soon??   seems a bit infantile.