idea ?

  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2003
      DR ROLAND....

      A SUGGESTION FOR YOUR PROGRAM.

      I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH USE FOR THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW WITH THE AUDIO SINE
      WAVE.
      MAY YOU CONSIDER REPLACING IT WITH A PREVIEW OF EITHER THE PRECODED PICS OR
      THE FOLDER OF YOUR PIC LIBRARY. THEN YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON AND HAVE IT
      TRANSFERRED TO THE TX BUFFER, INSTEAD OF GOING THRU THE MENU PROCEDURE.
      MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE....I ALWAYS HAVE IRFANVIEW RUNNING, OR MY PIC LIBRARY
      FOLDER
      IN VIEW WITH THUMBNAILS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRAG AND DROP PICS FROM THE
      FOLDER TO THE TX BUFFER.

      DAVID
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2003
        Gee, David, you don't have to scream. {o.o} All caps is seen as shouting
        in the civilized world. (And if you run PSK31 mode, which uses an optimized
        coding for the characters, you'll find that lower case transmits materially
        faster than upper case. The upper case letter codes are longer than the
        lower case codes.)

        {^_-}
        > I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH USE FOR THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW WITH THE AUDIO SINE
        > WAVE.
        > MAY YOU CONSIDER REPLACING IT WITH A PREVIEW OF EITHER THE PRECODED PICS
        OR
        > THE FOLDER OF YOUR PIC LIBRARY. THEN YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON AND HAVE IT
        > TRANSFERRED TO THE TX BUFFER, INSTEAD OF GOING THRU THE MENU PROCEDURE.
        > MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE....I ALWAYS HAVE IRFANVIEW RUNNING, OR MY PIC LIBRARY
        > FOLDER
        > IN VIEW WITH THUMBNAILS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRAG AND DROP PICS FROM THE
        > FOLDER TO THE TX BUFFER.
        >
        > DAVID
      • harvee1
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2003
          SUGGESTION TO THE WRITER.......
          SOME PEOPLE HAVE EYE PROBLEMS...
          WAKE UP.. HE ISN'T SHOUTING...
          I AM..
          DE K2CJP

          jdow wrote:
          Gee, David, you don't have to scream. {o.o} All caps is seen as shouting
          in the civilized world. (And if you run PSK31 mode, which uses an optimized
          coding for the characters, you'll find that lower case transmits materially
          faster than upper case. The upper case letter codes are longer than the
          lower case codes.)

          {^_-}
          >  I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH USE FOR THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW WITH THE AUDIO SINE
          > WAVE.
          > MAY YOU CONSIDER REPLACING IT WITH A PREVIEW OF EITHER THE PRECODED PICS
          OR
          > THE FOLDER OF YOUR PIC LIBRARY. THEN YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON AND HAVE IT
          > TRANSFERRED TO THE TX BUFFER, INSTEAD OF GOING THRU  THE MENU PROCEDURE.
          > MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE....I ALWAYS HAVE IRFANVIEW RUNNING, OR MY PIC LIBRARY
          > FOLDER
          > IN VIEW WITH THUMBNAILS.  IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRAG AND DROP PICS FROM THE
          > FOLDER TO THE TX BUFFER.
          >
          > DAVID

        • M5WJF
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2003
            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD"
            <wd4kpd@b...> wrote:
            > I HAVE NOT FOUND MUCH USE FOR THE RIGHT HAND WINDOW WITH THE AUDIO
            SINE
            > WAVE.
            > MAY YOU CONSIDER REPLACING IT WITH A PREVIEW OF EITHER THE PRECODED
            PICS OR
            > THE FOLDER OF YOUR PIC LIBRARY. THEN YOU COULD JUST CLICK ON AND
            HAVE IT
            > TRANSFERRED TO THE TX BUFFER, INSTEAD OF GOING THRU THE MENU
            PROCEDURE.
            > MAYBE AN ALTERNATIVE....I ALWAYS HAVE IRFANVIEW RUNNING, OR MY PIC
            LIBRARY
            > FOLDER
            > IN VIEW WITH THUMBNAILS. IT WOULD BE NICE TO DRAG AND DROP PICS
            FROM THE
            > FOLDER TO THE TX BUFFER.

            I have to disagree with removing the right-hand window containing the
            audio sine wave, since one of my sons (12 years) is severely deaf and
            studying for his Foundation Licence here in the UK.

            Any visual aids to operating SSTV are very much appreciated.

            I agree that the function you also mention regarding picture
            libraries has merit and is used elsewhere, I support this request.

            73 de Wayne M5WJF
          • John R Wells
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2003
              Rubbish. If you want to shout use an excamation mark. CAPS ARE ONLY
              SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET AND THAT WAS INVENTED BY A COMPUTER GEEK
              > Gee, David, you don't have to scream. {o.o} All caps is seen as shouting
              > in the civilized world. (And if you run PSK31 mode, which uses an
              optimized
              > coding for the characters, you'll find that lower case transmits
              materially
              > faster than upper case. The upper case letter codes are longer than the
              > lower case codes.)
              >
              > {^_-}

              ---
              This e-mail has been checked for viruses using AVG.
              No known viruses were sent with this message.
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2003
                We're on the Internet if you have not noticed.
                {^_-}
                > Rubbish. If you want to shout use an excamation mark. CAPS ARE ONLY
                > SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET AND THAT WAS INVENTED BY A COMPUTER GEEK
              • Jim/KJ7S
                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2003
                  Is the whining going to stop anytime soon??   seems a bit infantile.