Standardized startup & shutdown tones?

  • Gary Kohtala
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2003
      Is there any chance that the startup and shutdown
      tones in
      Digsstv and Digtrex can be standardized so the two
      programs will become compatible? As it is now, I find
      that it is necessary to run the same program as those
      with whom I wish to exchange pictures. I like both
      Digsstv and Digtrex. It would be nice, however, if
      they shared more standard functionality and could work
      together. Please put this on the wishlist. Thanks...

      73,

      Gary, W7NTF

      http://tax.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
        Hi Gary,

        DIGTRX will start simply anytime it hears the 2-tone followed
        by the leader tone. Since these tones are also sent by
        DIGISSTV, DIGTRX can autostart from signals sent from
        either program.

        To get DIGISSTV to start when sending from DIGTRX,
        I appended the "StartTone11802310.wav" to my
        digzbzid.wav (callsign ID in waterfall). Now both programs
        will autostart each other.

        To get DIGISSTV to stop when sending from DIGTRX,
        I modified the txzbz.bat file to add an extra stop.flt to the
        list of other .flt files that were being combined. This .flt
        file had the tones 1520 and 2310 Hz. I also had to run
        the waterfall gain up a bit to get DIGISSTV to stop on
        these tones.

        So far, I have not modified the latest version of DIGISSTV
        to stop DIGTRX.

        It should be kept in mind that these tones are subject to
        change and the autostart and autostop methods are likely
        to go through changes as improvements are tried. Everything
        about digital SSTV is so new that any attempts at
        standardization at this time may hinder developement.

        73 Dave KB4YZ