RE: EasyPal won't display picture

  • mathes_doug
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 26, 2013

      The picture that I was trying to load was one of the sample maps included with the installation.

      I have already performed a fresh install (into an empty folder).

      My suspicion is either a driver conflict or missing file. But this is a new Win XP SP3 install with very little else.

      Any other advice?

      ---In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, <kj7s@...> wrote:

      I'll try n run easypal on my dell inspiron 17r today and see if I get the same anomaly, other than that, no real suggestion unless you are trying to load a "super Monster" of a file into the tx window.  unless you are missing some drivers or graphic specific librarys that are needed , and I can't think of any that would cause your anomaly, perhaps a fresh install into a subfolder like "c: /program files/easypal23/"     will make a difference. I have several versions set up like that in my quad core with no issues.  Jim  KJ7S

      On 9/24/2013 9:12 PM, n4cz@... wrote:

      Downloaded 23 Sep version (uninstalled old version and installed new into a clean directory in Program Files) and did drag & drop of pic into window.

      Still get only hourglass in front of black transmit window.

      Receive window does have a picture.

      Any other advice?

      believed to be clean.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 27, 2013
        The only other thing I can think of is that the newer versions were written with W7 or W8 and as such you may be running into some incompatibility with the install in XP.. in which case, you will want to consider going to 7 or 8. There are ways to get around the "Metro" if you don't like it...  I could not trip up the new version no matter where I tried to select, or drag n drop, or even cut n paste with clipboard contents....  but then I am running W8 64 on the Dell Inspiron 17R in this particular case.    Jim  KJ7S

        <snip>
        ---In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, <kj7s@...> wrote:

        I'll try n run easypal on my dell inspiron 17r today and see if I get the same anomaly, other than that, no real suggestion unless you are trying to load a "super Monster" of a file into the tx window.  unless you are missing some drivers or graphic specific librarys that are needed , and I can't think of any that would cause your anomaly, perhaps a fresh install into a subfolder like "c: /program files/easypal23/"     will make a difference. I have several versions set up like that in my quad core with no issues.  Jim  KJ7S

        ---In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, <digsstv@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        believed to be clean.

        believed to be clean.

        believed to be clean.
      • mathes_doug
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013

          On my Dell Latitude E5530 running XP SP3 with updates through Aug 2013, EasyPal 05B JUL 2011 LoadPic does load a sample picture whereas EasyPal 02 OCT 2011 does not.

          What I do not understand is why my Dell Latitude D830, running XP SP3 with current updates, had been running the current version of EasyPal for years, and can still LoadPic using EasyPal 04 MAY 2013. Unfortunately this laptop has lost its USB ports and the repair shop recommended I replace it.

[...]

        • siegfried jackstien
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
            My friend has a laptop repair shop

            Reliable and cheap (and makes repairs that others wont do!)

            Dg9bfc

            Sigi

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 29, 2013
              This often happens with USB ports that get shorted or overloaded. Wait it
              out and the PTC will heal itself. Although sometimes it may take months.
              They are SUPPOSED to heal themselves within hours.

              {^_^}