EasyPal set up

  • embark999
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013
      Newbie here, trying to get EasyPal functional... displaying a nice waterfall with what I think are good signals, freq 14.070 Yaesu 897D set to digital, using Signalink. How do I "pull" a picture from the waterfall?
      Yes, I am very new to digital...

      David KK4NTC

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013
          Newbie here, trying to get EasyPal functional... displaying a nice waterfall with what I think are good signals, freq 14.070 Yaesu 897D set to digital, using Signalink. How do I "pull" a picture from the waterfall?
          Yes, I am very new to digital...

          David KK4NTC
        • sunshinefooty
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2013
            G'day David,
            Some pointers that may help to get it going,
            A. Make sure that the Noise Blanker is turned OFF
            B. Make sure you have NO filters on to effect your audio
            (Easypal wants the full 2.5 Khz width)
            C. All you need coming from your set is an audio signal through
            your Signalink - make sure the volume is low rather than high.
            D. The signal contains 3 markers with will produce a line down
            your waterfal they sould line up on the maker squares at the top
            of your waterfall, at about 700, 1500 and 1800 hz.

            You can tell if easypal is decoding the signals as the bar on the
            Sync frame will rise up from IO through to MSC and a decode bar will
            then appear along the bottom of the water fall. with luck at the end
            of the transmittion you should have a picture on your screen.

            Have fun
            Peter (VK6QK)

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
            • 1 Attachment
            • 294 KB
            I've attached the set of directions that I have.. they are in a PDF file, don't even remember where they came from or who... Hope it helps..

            Garrett / AA0OI

            --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, "embark999" <embark001@...> wrote:

            > Newbie here, trying to get EasyPal functional... displaying a nice waterfall with what I think are good signals, freq 14.070 Yaesu 897D set to digital, using Signalink. How do I "pull" a picture from the waterfall?
            > Yes, I am very new to digital...
            >
            > David KK4NTC

          • Bob
            Message 6 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
              Everyone is missing the frequency he used, 14.070 is PSK31, not Digital SSTV
              Try 14.233 or 7.173
              WD8PVB, Bob

              --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, "embark999" <embark001@...> wrote:

              > Newbie here, trying to get EasyPal functional... displaying a nice waterfall with what I think are good signals, freq 14.070 Yaesu 897D set to digital, using Signalink. How do I "pull" a picture from the waterfall?
              > Yes, I am very new to digital...
              >
              > David KK4NTC

            • embark999
              Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
                Bob, one of the earlier responders set me straight.  Thanks for the confirmation.

                David