Re: [digsstv] new user, can't get program to start properly

  • John Cranfield
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
      Hi

      I am new to this mode and would be grateful if anyone can tell me the QRG’s for this mode please.

      Vy 73 de John ZD7JC
      St. Helena Island
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
        The author of the program is fairly old,,you should be so spry and writting programs when your his age and the program is FREE,.. Eric, the author, is one of the nicest persons I know and does his best with all his programs,, Again its FREE,, if you feel that you need someone to "BITCH" to bitch at me, I've delt with A.H. all my life and one more will make no difference...
        I run EasyPal in " program files" in both XP and Windows 7.. There is no problem there...

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2013
          Well, er, ahm, a lady never tells her age. I'm not sure I'm a lady; but, I
          will enter failsafe mode and simply note that I've been working with
          electronics for nearly 60 years now, as a ham for about 54 years, and
          professionally for about 50 years. Draw your own confusions about my age.
          If you are the author I was playing with CK722s before you were born.

          That said, the instructions are generic for any program that does not
          install and run in "program files" or if appropriate "program files (x86)".
          I can offer some help in this regard as I have some professional software
          that performs properly on Win 7 (and presumably Win 8). And, yes, at my
          age I am still working on software in a professional capacity. I'm old.
          I'm crotchety. And I do like to "do it right." I've harped about that
          online since the mid 80s. I see no reason to stop now. The problems are,
          if anything, much worse and much more numerous.

          I do suggest bitching because getting it right is important for system
          security. It can protect your bank records and other trivial incidentals
          like that when the malware bogeyman is running around. And XP is within
          one year of end of life - no more updates.

          Somebody else's comment suggests the fldigi author has done it right,
          one presumes, if the program runs as a regular user and properly stores
          any data files it may produce when running on Windows 7. Presuming you
          run EasyPal without resorting to UAC trickery, kudos to the author for
          getting it right. It's somewhat convoluted to figure out for Win 7.

          {^_^} Joanne/W6MKU