Re: easypal help please!!!

  • mrpurrfect69
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 11, 2013
      If I may just ask one more thing before I start tinkering...... When using the ft100 to transmit via easypal any idea what PKT mode it has to be set too? Appolagies for my clueless as I'm still relatively new to easypal

      Thanks again

      --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, mrpurrfect69 <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > This might be where I'm going wrong then, when I've been working on psk the setting has been set to rtty-u I take it that it has to be set to one of the pkt modes you speak about? As I look on the menu at #38 & #39 I beleave they set to 2125 if that sounds about right? Appreciate this pal thanks!!
      >

      > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dave@> wrote:
      > >
      > > First thing to say is that this isn't a problem with EasyPal, you will have the same problem whatever program you use, whether it is for SSTV, PSK or RTTY etc., the problem is the way that Yaesu designed the radio to work.
      > >
      > > You need to read page 60 of the manual. Although it talks about "Packet" it really means AFSK (Audio Frequency Shift Keying) which is what programs lke EasyPal use.
      > >
      > > Basically, the radio expects audio from the microphone for voice SSB, through a microphone, and will only accept audio from the rear sockets in the DIGI or PKT modes.
      > >
      > > So, to use the FT100 with any program that sends and receives data modes, you need to press the FUNC key for half a second and, for USB, select Pkt-U (nearly all digital modes on HF use Upper Sideband, no matter what band you are on). Then you need to make sure that Menu #38 and # 39 are correctly set and the adjust the audio level using Menu #28. When you have it all set up press FUNC for half a second again to set the radio up.
      > >
      > > Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
        Use Pkt-U as almost all digital activity uses USB on HF, no matter what the band is.

        Dave (G0DJA)
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
          Correction ...

          On 80m easypal net normally lsb is used cause the transmissions of pictures
          are interlaced with phone/voice ... and so no switching of the sidebands
          needed ... I would use lsb on 40 80 (and 160) but usb on higher bands (like
          in voice)

          But ... easypal is that magical exception here (reason above) ... normally
          ALL digital modes are sent in usb

          Dg9bfc

          Sigi