need some help

  • KC2WTG
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
      Hello to the group I have FT 950yaesu radio also sigalink soundcard I am running windows operating system seven tried several times to get to transmit when going into the software has no listed any type for this radio tried with and without the soundcard transmit does not work either way I reloaded software ten Times not get anywhere with this software at all is is something out there for this radio or just given up on it never had this much trouble with this easypal I also run HRD software like I said before I like the digital modes PSK 31 and JT 65 never had that much trouble with this type of software just wondering do I need some other type soundcard interface or another software I will takes any suggestions at this point thank you all and 73
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
        You need to do a little basic fault finding.

        First see if there are any tones coming out of the interface.

        If in doubt, just play a music file down the signalink sound card channel.

        If you are using Win 7 and possibly Vista as well you need to ensure that
        something is plugged into the sound card output. If your signalink is a
        soundcard as well, then this might not apply, but it does for
        stand-alone soundcards on many systems.

        If not then that is the place to start looking.
        e.g. Have you selected the correct sound card device?

        If tones come out of the interface, do they arrive at the correct pin on
        the radio interface.

        If so then try manually keying the transmitter, and see if tomes are
        transmitted. If not then I would guess that it's a menu setting somewhere
        in the radio. See the previous messages regarding the FT100 which has a
        AFSK menu and needs to be in DIG mode. You radio might have a
        similar setting. If the tones transmit OK on manual,
        then you need to investigate the TX/RX switching setup.

        Note that you cannot have two programs trying the access a serial port
        for things like CAT control. So you should not run HRD and Easypal at the
        same time.

        Andy

        On Mon, 25 Mar 2013 00:53:06 -0000
        "KC2WTG" <kc2wtg@...> wrote:

        > Hello to the group I have FT 950yaesu radio also sigalink soundcard I am running windows operating system seven tried several times to get to transmit when going into the software has no listed any type for this radio tried with and without the soundcard transmit does not work either way I reloaded software ten Times not get anywhere with this software at all is is something out there for this radio or just given up on it never had this much trouble with this easypal I also run HRD software like I said before I like the digital modes PSK 31 and JT 65 never had that much trouble with this type of software just wondering do I need some other type soundcard interface or another software I will takes any suggestions at this point thank you all and 73

      • w7acw10
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2013
          I must be missing something here. Where in EasyPal does it ask what radio you are using?

          It only ask for the sound card setup.

          I know that if you do not have the volume on the SPEAKER for the sound card set at 100% it will not transmit. So I would look there, also make sure that you have the WAVE set correctly also.

          Roger
        • Michael Rose
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
            With SignaLink USB you have to use the multimedia sound setup NOT normal default sound, this is the advantage of using SignaLink USB you can keep normal sound for your normal uses!
            it will then work.

            Best Regards

            Michael

            Sent from my iPad