Re: [digsstv] Cannot install EasyPal

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
      Shuting off UAC is for install only then turn it back on if you must.. But it sound like it doesnt' fix the problem..
      I will forward your message to Erik and see what he thinks ( Erik wrote the program) Of the several thousand people who run EasyPal we have not found "One" person who can not run for a computer problem... We'll come up with something..
      (my best guess at this time is that there is still something in the registery mucking things up-- if you haven't try Advancesystem care after removing EasyPal) or try what Joan say if you can understand it..

      Garrett / AA0OI

      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
        In one spot you say Vista and in another you say Win 7 ( the ver does not matter).. If Erik doesn't pick up on this Email I will forward to him...

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
          I've tried to force the install to C:\EasyPal,  C:\Program Files(x86), etc. The default is C:\Program Files. It does not matter where I point the install. As long as the error keeps popping up, nothing gets installed. I need to get beyond that error because the installer aborts the setup at that time.   It's funny that other programs install perfectly.  I have no idea how to stop the installer from trying to write to C:\Documents and Settings\K7EK, or alternatively to allow the expected write operation to happen. I am logged in as Administrator, and have run the EasyPal setup as Administrator. Turning off UAC does not make any difference...   I am starting to wonder if this is a quirk that is unique to the HP version of Windows 7 Home Premium, or maybe their support software that is also installed.  If I knew how to get into the bowels of the Windows 7 configuration, perhaps I could get this to work. I yearn for the good old days of the DOS command line with AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files, etc, where I could pretty much make the OS do what I wanted. The Microsoft GUI makes that pretty difficult, if not impossible. I guess that is why I favor Linux over anything else that's presently out there.

          Thanks to all that made suggestions. I appreciate it. The saga continues...

          Best regards,

          Gary, K7EK

        • Christopher Haslewood
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012

            Hi

            I had the same problem but have my PC covered by an IT company who solved this problem

            Install looking for error  C:\Documents and Settings then closing

            The version you have downloaded has a virus so try downloading from a different site or download the Feb 2011 version I had no problem with the 2011 version install and works the same Later I did find the latest version Apr 2012 from a different site and this loaded ok

            Try the Feb 2011 first

            Regards

            Chris  G7TCW

            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
              Hi Gary:
              as someone else has mentioned here,, try getting from Eiks site,, there were sites with virus's in them.. Eriks site is clean
              I gave you address before...vk4aes.com

              Garrett / AA0OI

              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012

                Further to my last message the IT had to clean my computer then the Feb 2011 loaded with no problem

                Regards

                Chris  G7TCW

              • bradc944@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
                  Gary:

                  This is getting to the verge of Twilight Zone (<grin>)... I have Win-7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop and it installed clean... it's what I am using now. SO now I'm REALLY scratching my head (gives me something to do while propagation is great for the rest of the US but POO here in Colorado).

                  73 & see you on .233

                  Brad - NP4AI

                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
                    Hi
                    AA0OI from Durango,, but now stuck in Kentucky,,, dam..
                    so hard to find the problem over the internet.. 10 min in person I could have it fixed !

                    Garrett / AA0OI

[...]

                  • siegfried jackstien
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
                      Teamviewer meeting would be a solution ...

                      Dg9bfc

                      Sigi