AW: [digsstv] EasyPal activity on 160/75/40m?

  • siegfried jackstien
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012
      Just for your info ... in europe the qrg used on 80 is 3733 ....

      Maybe in the night when 80 is open in the winter it should be possible to
      exchange pics over the pond :-)

      ... sure only with some good antennas and some power added ...

      Dg9bfc

      Sigi

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012
        also 3813 at night,, can be a rough group,, can be good...

        Garrett / AA0OI

        I'm all up for that... I have pretty broad capability on 40m, but 75 is iffy (only have 10-15-20-40m inverted vee, but it's one 'dipole per band, no traps)... there are a COUPLE of places I can load up on 75m, will have to do some checks to see if 3713 is one of them. I have seen references to 3845, 3857, and 3713 for 75m, and I HAVE seen some analog activity on 3713 in Colorado.

        This is probably something we should discuss... then wedge some usage out of the freqs. :)

        73

        Brad - NP4AI

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012
          Hi Gary:
          night time 80 ,, are 3713,, 3813 and one freq early in the morning which I can't remember but will find and post.. we on the east coast feal the same way.. very , very seldom do we here the west coast on 7.173.. about Colorado every-once-in a while..  alot of Europe but not good enough to copy a pic with out 4 or 5 bsr (BUT every once in a while its kicking !!)
          3847 for 80 at 7am est till 8 am (just found)

          Garrett / AA0OI

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
              Hi guys..... I was reading the posts. I have been out of sstv for a while but do run digital modes 99 persent of the time. Is Easypal the program of choice for digital SSTV. I would like to get back into it and join you guys.

              Barry KY4K

            • bradc944@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
                Hi Barry...

                EasyPal is pretty much the choice, since the other ones are not compatible... it's a good program, does some interesting things, and it's free. Runs on XP or newer, if you're running Windows 8 get the newest general release :)

                Cheers & see you on the bands!

                Brad - NP4AI

                Hi guys..... I was reading the posts. I have been out of sstv for a while but do run digital modes 99 persent of the time. Is Easypal the program of choice for digital SSTV. I would like to get back into it and join you guys.

                Barry KY4K

                --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, AA0OI <aa0oi@...> wrote:

                > Hi Gary:

                > night time 80 ,, are 3713,, 3813 and one freq early in the morning which I can't remember but will find and post.. we on the east coast feal the same way.. very , very seldom do we here the west coast on 7.173.. about Colorado every-once-in a while..  alot of Europe but not good enough to copy a pic with out 4 or 5 bsr (BUT every once in a while its kicking !!)

                > 3847 for 80 at 7am est till 8 am (just found)

                > Garrett / AA0OI

              • Barry
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 21, 2012
                  Thanks Brad.
                  I will load it up and be looking for you all on the frequencies listed above.

                  Barry KY4K