Re: [digsstv] Cannot start easypal any longer

    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
      Do you have home or pro? Let's try to find things in common here.

      {^_^} Joanne, W6MKU

      On 2012/08/15 13:48, Tony D wrote:

      > Hi Jesper. I have Win 7 (64bit) and have exactly same issues. Unable to install.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Tony in Rotherham (ex RAF Gulf War 1 Vet 1990/91)

    • (no author)
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

        Hi Joanne, Sorry, I have the HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop with Win7 (64bit) Home Premium with Intel Core i5 CPU M450 @2.4GHz  2.40 with 8GB Memory & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 547 Graphics Card.  650GB hard Drive.

        Cheers M0MTD

      • ve3dvy
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
          Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem

          I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
          installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success

          I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.

          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@...> wrote:

          > Hello Dave.
          >
          > Thanks for responding.
          >
          > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
          > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
          > newer try and install HAM programs there.
          >
          > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
          >
          > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
          > suitable for this system.
          >
          > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
          > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
          > know something I dont :-)
          >

          > Greetings from Denmark
          > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
          > OZ8ACE
          >
          > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
          > >

          > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
          > > click and select run as administrator.
          > >
          > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
          > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
          > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
          > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
          > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
          > > you to do this
          > > Thanks Dave Moes
          > > Xerox (services)
          > >
          > > Sent from BB

        • vk4aes
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
            Just a thought.
            I had a similar problem with a user report.

            Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

            He was referring to HRD.

            Erik VK4AES

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

            > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
            >
            > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
            > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
            >
            > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
            >

            > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Dave.
            > >
            > > Thanks for responding.
            > >
            > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
            > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
            > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
            > >
            > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
            > >
            > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
            > > suitable for this system.
            > >
            > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
            > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
            > > know something I dont :-)
            > >

            > > Greetings from Denmark
            > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
            > > OZ8ACE
            > >
            > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
            > > >

            > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
            > > > click and select run as administrator.
            > > >
            > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
            > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
            > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
            > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
            > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
            > > > you to do this
            > > > Thanks Dave Moes
            > > > Xerox (services)
            > > >
            > > > Sent from BB

          • Henry Akin
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

              I had a similar problem with Easy Pal.

              I had to go in to my user apps roaming files and remove the easy pal folder from there before I was able to get it to work.

              After I did that and reloaded EasyPal - let the app rebuild ththe roaming file structures it worked. Of course you lose any customization that you had done.

              David  AJ4PM

              I had a similar problem with a user report.

              Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

              He was referring to HRD.

              Erik VK4AES

              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

              > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
              >
              > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
              > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
              >
              > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
              >

              > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello Dave.
              > >
              > > Thanks for responding.
              > >
              > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
              > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
              > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
              > >
              > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
              > >
              > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
              > > suitable for this system.
              > >
              > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
              > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
              > > know something I dont :-)
              > >

              > > Greetings from Denmark
              > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
              > > OZ8ACE
              > >
              > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
              > > >

              > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
              > > > click and select run as administrator.
              > > >
              > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
              > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
              > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
              > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
              > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
              > > > you to do this
              > > > Thanks Dave Moes
              > > > Xerox (services)
              > > >
              > > > Sent from BB

            • Henry Akin
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

                I had a similar problem with Easy Pal.

                I had to go in to my user account’s  appsdata/roaming files and remove the easypal folder before I was able to get it to work.

                Some reason Easypal lost the path to these files. I think it may have been something in the registry that got hosed.

                After I removed the files from c:\user\my account name\appsdata\roaming and reloaded EasyPal - let the app rebuild the roaming file structures it worked. Of course you lose any customization that you had done. One note the appsdata is normally a hiden file.

                David  AJ4PM

                I had a similar problem with a user report.

                Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

                He was referring to HRD.

                Erik VK4AES

                --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                >
                > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                >
                > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                >

                > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Dave.
                > >
                > > Thanks for responding.
                > >
                > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                > >
                > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                > >
                > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                > > suitable for this system.
                > >
                > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                > > know something I dont :-)
                > >

                > > Greetings from Denmark
                > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                > > OZ8ACE
                > >
                > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                > > >

                > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                > > > click and select run as administrator.
                > > >
                > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                > > > you to do this
                > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                > > > Xerox (services)
                > > >
                > > > Sent from BB

              • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                  Hello Henry.
                  Thanks for your message.

                  I tried deleting the entire directory C:\Users\jwj\AppData\Roaming\EasyPal, uninstalling easypal and then reinstalling easypal without any virus checker running.

                  It made no difference, i still get a message that the application cannot load and when i look in the systems eventlog i see the message about hwinterface.sys not being applicable for my system.

                  It sounds quite strange that Dave got it working on his sons gaming monster running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, I am running Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

                  Ultimate should contain everything from home and professional in one package. Might there be som information hidden here ?

                  I dont intend spending a fortune upgrading to ultimate, on the slim chance it might make a difference, though :-)

                  Greetings from Denmark
                  Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                  OZ8ACE

                • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                    Hello Joanne.

                    I use Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

                    Greetings from Denmark
                    Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                    OZ8ACE

                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                      I think what you are going to have to do is uninstall everything that is easypal and then run a registery cleaner... then shut machine down.. then reinstall easypal.. sounds like something is stuck in registery...  also make sure only one instance of easypal is on computer..

                      Garrett / AA0OI

                      --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                      > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                      >
                      > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                      > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                      >
                      > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                      >

                      > --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello Dave.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for responding.
                      > >
                      > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                      > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                      > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                      > >
                      > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                      > >
                      > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                      > > suitable for this system.
                      > >
                      > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                      > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                      > > know something I dont :-)
                      > >

                      > > Greetings from Denmark
                      > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                      > > OZ8ACE
                      > >
                      > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                      > > >

                      > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                      > > > click and select run as administrator.
                      > > >
                      > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                      > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                      > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                      > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                      > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                      > > > you to do this
                      > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                      > > > Xerox (services)
                      > > >
                      > > > Sent from BB

                    • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                        Hello Garrett.

                        Those were the magical words:
                        Once again I uninstalled easypal, but this time i went through registry and deleted any reference to easypal, removed all directorys on the disk that had anything to do with easypal and installed in a new location.
                        Now i can run the software, I had to tell my virusscanner that even though the program looked suspicious I wanted it to run, but I can live with that.

                        Now I only need somebody to transmit some pictures on 80m, 40m or 20m :-)

                        Thank you guys for all the help.

                        Greetings from Denmark
                        Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                        OZ8ACE

                      • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                          Hello again.

                          Havent received anything yet but have noticed that the message in the eventviewer is still there, easypal tries to activate a hwinterface.sys file that does not work.

                          Dont know if that means that some of the application dont work, will see in a few days when signals are apearing :-)

                          Bye again OZ8ACE

                        • Erik Jakobsen
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                            Jesper.

                            To be sure there are no leftovers, you can use revo uninstaller.

                            The best one for leftovers

                            73s
                            Erik OZ4KK

                          • Gary - K7EK
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 17, 2012
                              Something else that must be considered is the fact that Win 7 and Vista require all hardware to be physically plugged in before starting EasyPal. If it's not, you will get a crash every time you execute the program. That is not a consideration on XP.

                              Best regards,

                              Gary, K7EK