Re: [digsstv] Cannot start easypal any longer

  • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
      Hello Dave.

      Thanks for responding.

      Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I newer try and install HAM programs there.

      It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.

      In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not suitable for this system.

      I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they know something I dont :-)

      Greetings from Denmark
      Jesper Wolf Jespersen
      OZ8ACE

      Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
      Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right click and select run as administrator.

      Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell you to do this
      Thanks Dave Moes
      Xerox (services)

      Sent from BB

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

        Hi Jesper.  I have Win 7 (64bit) and have exactly same issues.  Unable to install.

        Cheers

        Tony in Rotherham (ex RAF Gulf War 1 Vet 1990/91)

        ---------------------------

        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
          Do you have home or pro? Let's try to find things in common here.

          {^_^} Joanne, W6MKU

          On 2012/08/15 13:48, Tony D wrote:

          > Hi Jesper. I have Win 7 (64bit) and have exactly same issues. Unable to install.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Tony in Rotherham (ex RAF Gulf War 1 Vet 1990/91)

        • (no author)
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

            Hi Joanne, Sorry, I have the HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop with Win7 (64bit) Home Premium with Intel Core i5 CPU M450 @2.4GHz  2.40 with 8GB Memory & ATI Mobility Radeon HD 547 Graphics Card.  650GB hard Drive.

            Cheers M0MTD

          • ve3dvy
            Message 5 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
              Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem

              I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
              installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success

              I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.

              --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@...> wrote:

              > Hello Dave.
              >
              > Thanks for responding.
              >
              > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
              > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
              > newer try and install HAM programs there.
              >
              > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
              >
              > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
              > suitable for this system.
              >
              > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
              > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
              > know something I dont :-)
              >

              > Greetings from Denmark
              > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
              > OZ8ACE
              >
              > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
              > >

              > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
              > > click and select run as administrator.
              > >
              > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
              > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
              > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
              > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
              > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
              > > you to do this
              > > Thanks Dave Moes
              > > Xerox (services)
              > >
              > > Sent from BB

            • vk4aes
              Message 6 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012
                Just a thought.
                I had a similar problem with a user report.

                Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

                He was referring to HRD.

                Erik VK4AES

                --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                >
                > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                >
                > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                >

                > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello Dave.
                > >
                > > Thanks for responding.
                > >
                > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                > >
                > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                > >
                > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                > > suitable for this system.
                > >
                > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                > > know something I dont :-)
                > >

                > > Greetings from Denmark
                > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                > > OZ8ACE
                > >
                > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                > > >

                > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                > > > click and select run as administrator.
                > > >
                > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                > > > you to do this
                > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                > > > Xerox (services)
                > > >
                > > > Sent from BB

              • Henry Akin
                Message 7 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

                  I had a similar problem with Easy Pal.

                  I had to go in to my user apps roaming files and remove the easy pal folder from there before I was able to get it to work.

                  After I did that and reloaded EasyPal - let the app rebuild ththe roaming file structures it worked. Of course you lose any customization that you had done.

                  David  AJ4PM

                  I had a similar problem with a user report.

                  Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

                  He was referring to HRD.

                  Erik VK4AES

                  --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                  > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                  >
                  > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                  > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                  >
                  > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                  >

                  > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello Dave.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for responding.
                  > >
                  > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                  > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                  > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                  > >
                  > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                  > >
                  > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                  > > suitable for this system.
                  > >
                  > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                  > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                  > > know something I dont :-)
                  > >

                  > > Greetings from Denmark
                  > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                  > > OZ8ACE
                  > >
                  > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                  > > >

                  > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                  > > > click and select run as administrator.
                  > > >
                  > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                  > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                  > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                  > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                  > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                  > > > you to do this
                  > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                  > > > Xerox (services)
                  > > >
                  > > > Sent from BB

                • Henry Akin
                  Message 8 of 18 , Aug 15, 2012

                    I had a similar problem with Easy Pal.

                    I had to go in to my user account’s  appsdata/roaming files and remove the easypal folder before I was able to get it to work.

                    Some reason Easypal lost the path to these files. I think it may have been something in the registry that got hosed.

                    After I removed the files from c:\user\my account name\appsdata\roaming and reloaded EasyPal - let the app rebuild the roaming file structures it worked. Of course you lose any customization that you had done. One note the appsdata is normally a hiden file.

                    David  AJ4PM

                    I had a similar problem with a user report.

                    Part of his reply was "Restore" to before the date of the Ham Radio set up, solved the Easypal problem"

                    He was referring to HRD.

                    Erik VK4AES

                    --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                    > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                    >
                    > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                    > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                    >
                    > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                    >

                    > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello Dave.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for responding.
                    > >
                    > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                    > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                    > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                    > >
                    > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                    > >
                    > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                    > > suitable for this system.
                    > >
                    > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                    > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                    > > know something I dont :-)
                    > >

                    > > Greetings from Denmark
                    > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                    > > OZ8ACE
                    > >
                    > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                    > > >

                    > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                    > > > click and select run as administrator.
                    > > >
                    > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                    > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                    > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                    > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                    > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                    > > > you to do this
                    > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                    > > > Xerox (services)
                    > > >
                    > > > Sent from BB

                  • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                    Message 9 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                      Hello Henry.
                      Thanks for your message.

                      I tried deleting the entire directory C:\Users\jwj\AppData\Roaming\EasyPal, uninstalling easypal and then reinstalling easypal without any virus checker running.

                      It made no difference, i still get a message that the application cannot load and when i look in the systems eventlog i see the message about hwinterface.sys not being applicable for my system.

                      It sounds quite strange that Dave got it working on his sons gaming monster running Win7 Ultimate 64bit, I am running Win7 Home Premium 64bit.

                      Ultimate should contain everything from home and professional in one package. Might there be som information hidden here ?

                      I dont intend spending a fortune upgrading to ultimate, on the slim chance it might make a difference, though :-)

                      Greetings from Denmark
                      Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                      OZ8ACE

                    • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                      Message 10 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                        Hello Joanne.

                        I use Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

                        Greetings from Denmark
                        Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                        OZ8ACE

                        Message 11 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                          I think what you are going to have to do is uninstall everything that is easypal and then run a registery cleaner... then shut machine down.. then reinstall easypal.. sounds like something is stuck in registery...  also make sure only one instance of easypal is on computer..

                          Garrett / AA0OI

                          --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, "ve3dvy" <david.moes@...> wrote:

                          > Guess this isn't much help I was hoping to do a little troubleshooting if I had a problem
                          >
                          > I installed the latest stable version on my sons 64 bit windows7 ultimate machine. yea a real gamers system. AMD phenom x6 on MSI board.
                          > installed into c:/easypal. with hopes that the problem would arise so that I could troubleshoot sadly I guess it ran fine. even fake sent a picture from my laptop speaker to mike on his machine with success
                          >
                          > I guess it shows it will work but no good for troubleshooting.
                          >

                          > --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, Jesper Wolf Jespersen <jesper@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hello Dave.
                          > >
                          > > Thanks for responding.
                          > >
                          > > Easypal is installed in e:\easypal. I know all the problems with
                          > > restrictive access to file writing in the c:\program file hierachy so I
                          > > newer try and install HAM programs there.
                          > >
                          > > It makes no difference if i try running easypal as administrator.
                          > >
                          > > In the eventlog the OS tells that the file hwinterface.sys is not
                          > > suitable for this system.
                          > >
                          > > I would very much like to hear from people running Win7 64bit who have a
                          > > recent easypal running or who have given up, so I can find out if they
                          > > know something I dont :-)
                          > >

                          > > Greetings from Denmark
                          > > Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                          > > OZ8ACE
                          > >
                          > > Den 15-08-2012 21:36, Moes, David (Services) skrev:
                          > > >

                          > > > Just a thought. Rather than just clicking the icon to start try right
                          > > > click and select run as administrator.
                          > > >
                          > > > Second thought. Did it install into the program files directory. Ie
                          > > > c:/programfiles/easypal? If so reinstall it and when it asks for
                          > > > instll location remove the /programfiles from the suggested location
                          > > > so it installs into c:/easypal. This has solve similar troubles with
                          > > > some applications in wimdow7. Some programs like Logger32 even tell
                          > > > you to do this
                          > > > Thanks Dave Moes
                          > > > Xerox (services)
                          > > >
                          > > > Sent from BB

                        • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                          Message 12 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                            Hello Garrett.

                            Those were the magical words:
                            Once again I uninstalled easypal, but this time i went through registry and deleted any reference to easypal, removed all directorys on the disk that had anything to do with easypal and installed in a new location.
                            Now i can run the software, I had to tell my virusscanner that even though the program looked suspicious I wanted it to run, but I can live with that.

                            Now I only need somebody to transmit some pictures on 80m, 40m or 20m :-)

                            Thank you guys for all the help.

                            Greetings from Denmark
                            Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                            OZ8ACE

                          • Jesper Wolf Jespersen
                            Message 13 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                              Hello again.

                              Havent received anything yet but have noticed that the message in the eventviewer is still there, easypal tries to activate a hwinterface.sys file that does not work.

                              Dont know if that means that some of the application dont work, will see in a few days when signals are apearing :-)

                              Bye again OZ8ACE

                            • Erik Jakobsen
                              Message 14 of 18 , Aug 16, 2012
                                Jesper.

                                To be sure there are no leftovers, you can use revo uninstaller.

                                The best one for leftovers

                                73s
                                Erik OZ4KK

                              • Gary - K7EK
                                Message 15 of 18 , Aug 17, 2012
                                  Something else that must be considered is the fact that Win 7 and Vista require all hardware to be physically plugged in before starting EasyPal. If it's not, you will get a crash every time you execute the program. That is not a consideration on XP.

                                  Best regards,

                                  Gary, K7EK