Latest EasyPal Beta 30th July 2012

  • Paul-G0HWC
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
      Hi all,

      Latest Easypal Beta is 30th July 2012
      -------------------------------

      THIS IS NOT A RELEASE VERSION

      This is a test version only, with comments for you to report.

      Things to check:

      The corrupt folder is auto cleaned for increased stability.

      Repeater Changes: Added:

      View Repeater Directory
      View Weather Directory
      View Email Directory

      All users must upgrade for these features.
      Older versions will give unpredictable results.
      All users can now view weather directory. VK weather only at present.

      Several other issues have been addressed.

      Latest news and Software links to Digital & Analogue SSTV:
      http://www.g0hwc.com/sstv_drm_news.html

      You can download direct from Eric "this site is clean"
      Buy I have also put a copy on my server on the above link.

      SSTV / DRM Chat:
      http://www.g0hwc.com/chat.html

      Paul G0HWC
    • SV1UY
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
        Hi Paul,

        Thanks for letting us know! Do you know if the new version is clean? Have you tested it? I wonder is it only my computer that shows this problem about malware with EasyPAL?

        Please let me know! Am I the only one who sees this? Even my LINUX computer complains about VK4AES's WEBSITE!

        73 de Demetre SV1UY

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Paul-G0HWC" <paul@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Latest Easypal Beta is 30th July 2012
        > -------------------------------
        >
        > THIS IS NOT A RELEASE VERSION
        >
        > This is a test version only, with comments for you to report.
        >
        > Things to check:
        >
        > The corrupt folder is auto cleaned for increased stability.
        >
        > Repeater Changes: Added:
        >
        > View Repeater Directory
        > View Weather Directory
        > View Email Directory
        >
        > All users must upgrade for these features.
        > Older versions will give unpredictable results.
        > All users can now view weather directory. VK weather only at present.
        >
        > Several other issues have been addressed.
        >
        > Latest news and Software links to Digital & Analogue SSTV:
        > http://www.g0hwc.com/sstv_drm_news.html
        >
        > You can download direct from Eric "this site is clean"
        > Buy I have also put a copy on my server on the above link.
        >
        > SSTV / DRM Chat:
        > http://www.g0hwc.com/chat.html
        >
        > Paul G0HWC

      • Bill Proctor
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
          Hi Demetre:

          I also have been getting that "attack" warning for some time.  I have downloaded Easypal direct from Eric's site with no problem whatsoever.

          Try different browers.  With Firefox and Chrome I get that warning.  With Opera and IE I do not.  Good luck.

          Bill VE3BXP
        • Paul Young G0HWC
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
            I downloaded the latest Beta and have tested it, YES it is clean
            I have put a copy of it on my server if you don’t wish to download
            from Eric’s site but if you check Erik’s site HERE:
            you will see his site is clean, only Google is marking it
            as a problem site from the past.

            --- In mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com, "Paul-G0HWC" <paul@...> wrote:

            > Hi all,

            Latest Easypal Beta is 30th July 2012

            -------------------------------

            > THIS IS NOT A RELEASE
            VERSION

            > This is a test version only, with comments for you to
            report.

            > Things to check:
            >
            > The corrupt folder
            is auto cleaned for increased stability.

            > Repeater Changes:
            Added:

            > View Repeater Directory
            > View Weather
            Directory
            > View Email Directory
            >
            > All users must upgrade
            for these features.
            > Older versions will give unpredictable
            results.
            > All users can now view weather directory. VK weather only at
            present.

            > Several other issues have been addressed.
            >
            > Latest news and Software links to Digital & Analogue SSTV:

            http://www.g0hwc.com/sstv_drm_news.html

            > You can download direct from Eric "this site is clean"
            > Buy I
            have also put a copy on my server on the above link.

            > SSTV / DRM
            Chat:

            href="http://www.g0hwc.com/chat.html">http://www.g0hwc.com/chat.html

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 4, 2012
              If you read back over the month's and by now years you will see that this
              issue comes up time after time.

              It's a false positive - I think it was mentioned ages ago that it
              is something to do with the software that is used to compile the
              EasyPal code, for some reason it generates code that "looks like" a virus
              to some AV scanners. As the AV products get updated the problem comes and
              goes.

              If the problem is with the download then changing the download method
              as suggested may help, if the problem is with a file then add that as
              an exclusion into whatever AV product you use.

              Andy

              On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:41:41 -0700 (PDT)
              Bill Proctor <ve3bxp@...> wrote:

              > Hi Demetre:
              >
              > I also have been getting that "attack" warning for some time.  I have downloaded Easypal direct from Eric's site with no problem whatsoever.
              >
              > Try different browers.  With Firefox and Chrome I get that warning.  With Opera and IE I do not.  Good luck.
              >
              > Bill VE3BXP
            • SV1UY
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
                FB FB FB Andy,

                Thanks fer info. My only worry is that boorucam.exe is also reported as a Trojan by Superantispyware, but after scanning the same file with adaware and other malware scanners, they find no problems with boorucam.exe at all.

                Go figure!

                Thanks again.

                73 de Demetre SV1UY