Re: Latest EasyPal 10 May 2012

  • bigyun2000
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2 6:53 PM
      Hi all. Just joined so a BIG HELLO.

      I am having installation problems with the latest Easypal. I have never had it on my laptop before (Win7 64bit). I get as far as ready to install then the next click is install and all i get is an error message saying "Setup was unable to create the directory blah blah blah"

      I was surprised that although i tell it to install to C:\Easylog it wants to install it to my home directory in downloads. Very confused.
      Any assistance please.
      Thanks

      Tony
    • siegfried jackstien
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 3 1:55 PM
        Short answer ... win7 security settings

        Dg9bfc

        Sigi

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3 2:23 PM
          Hi Tony
          if all else fails try Dave KB4YZ, his email is on his web site or he will probley pick up here.. Please Join us on 7.173 everyday the band is open about 7am till 5 or 6... send a pic  someone will answer..

          Garrett / AA0OI

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3 5:36 PM
            Hi
            Most likely its windows UAC security.
            Right click the file and select "run as administrator" and that should hopefully resolve your issue.

            Cheers
            Matthew

            On 03/08/2012, at 11:53, "bigyun2000" <bigyun2000@...> wrote:

            Hi all. Just joined so a BIG HELLO.

            I am having installation problems with the latest Easypal. I have never had it on my laptop before (Win7 64bit). I get as far as ready to install then the next click is install and all i get is an error message saying "Setup was unable to create the directory blah blah blah"

            I was surprised that although i tell it to install to C:\Easylog it wants to install it to my home directory in downloads. Very confused.
            Any assistance please.
            Thanks

            Tony

          • SV1UY
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 4 2:14 AM
              Hi all,

              Meanwhile http://www.vk4aes.com is still reported as an attack page, and if you scan your PC with an antimalware program after you install EASYPAL, the antimalware still finds a contaminated exe file in EASYPAL directory, that has to do with the WEBCAM.

              Of course the antimalware program offers to delete the offending file, BUT, an SSTV program without the ability to send a live picture from your WEBCAM, is no SSTV program for me!

              I wonder if Erik knows about this! Any ideas?

              73 de Demetre SV1UY
            • Tony D
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4 5:08 AM

                Hi Mathew

                Tried that and tried running in Compatibility mode to no success. THANKS

                Cheers

                Tony in Rotherham (ex RAF Gulf War 1 Vet 1990/91)

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4 5:09 PM

                  Look again...! There's even a later version (beta):

                  30B/JULY/2012.

                  It's on VK$AES' site, all the way down to the bottom, in the downloads area.

                  Best regards,

                  Gary, K7EK