Latest EasyPal 10 May 2012

  • Paul-G0HWC
    Message 1 of 8 , May 9, 2012
      Hi all,

      Latest Easypal is 10 May 2012
      -------------------------------

      10B/MAY/2012 - PTT disabled with "Activate TX Waterfall", read "About" > "Update Info"

      Latest news and Software links to Digital & Analogue SSTV:
      http://www.g0hwc.com/sstv_drm_news.html

      SSTV / DRM Chat:
      http://www.g0hwc.com/chat.html

      Paul G0HWC
    • bigyun2000
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2012
        Hi all. Just joined so a BIG HELLO.

        I am having installation problems with the latest Easypal. I have never had it on my laptop before (Win7 64bit). I get as far as ready to install then the next click is install and all i get is an error message saying "Setup was unable to create the directory blah blah blah"

        I was surprised that although i tell it to install to C:\Easylog it wants to install it to my home directory in downloads. Very confused.
        Any assistance please.
        Thanks

        Tony
      • siegfried jackstien
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 3, 2012
          Short answer ... win7 security settings

          Dg9bfc

          Sigi

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 3, 2012
            Hi Tony
            if all else fails try Dave KB4YZ, his email is on his web site or he will probley pick up here.. Please Join us on 7.173 everyday the band is open about 7am till 5 or 6... send a pic  someone will answer..

            Garrett / AA0OI

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 3, 2012
              Hi
              Most likely its windows UAC security.
              Right click the file and select "run as administrator" and that should hopefully resolve your issue.

              Cheers
              Matthew

              On 03/08/2012, at 11:53, "bigyun2000" <bigyun2000@...> wrote:

              Hi all. Just joined so a BIG HELLO.

              I am having installation problems with the latest Easypal. I have never had it on my laptop before (Win7 64bit). I get as far as ready to install then the next click is install and all i get is an error message saying "Setup was unable to create the directory blah blah blah"

              I was surprised that although i tell it to install to C:\Easylog it wants to install it to my home directory in downloads. Very confused.
              Any assistance please.
              Thanks

              Tony

            • SV1UY
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 4, 2012
                Hi all,

                Meanwhile http://www.vk4aes.com is still reported as an attack page, and if you scan your PC with an antimalware program after you install EASYPAL, the antimalware still finds a contaminated exe file in EASYPAL directory, that has to do with the WEBCAM.

                Of course the antimalware program offers to delete the offending file, BUT, an SSTV program without the ability to send a live picture from your WEBCAM, is no SSTV program for me!

                I wonder if Erik knows about this! Any ideas?

                73 de Demetre SV1UY
              • Tony D
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 4, 2012

                  Hi Mathew

                  Tried that and tried running in Compatibility mode to no success. THANKS

                  Cheers

                  Tony in Rotherham (ex RAF Gulf War 1 Vet 1990/91)

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 4, 2012

                    Look again...! There's even a later version (beta):

                    30B/JULY/2012.

                    It's on VK$AES' site, all the way down to the bottom, in the downloads area.

                    Best regards,

                    Gary, K7EK