WARNING: possible Malware

  • john
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
      This popup has the heading "Confirm"

      The body message:

      WARNING: possible Malware
      Do you wish to Open "120402140538-Clip

      OK CANCEL

      It looks like EasyPal brought up this message....

      - Clicking "OK" or "Cancel" does not get rid of the message
      - The waterfall keeps running
      - EasyPal menues do not respond.
      - EasyPal versioin.01B/MAR/2012, however have seen this on earlier versions as well.
      - Win7-64 Profesional
      - Have to use taksmanager to shut down EasyPal
      - When I use taskmanager and shutdown EasPal the "Confirm" pop-up disappears as well.

      What is wrong? Why am I getting this?

      John, ve3dvv
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2012
        Hi John:
        this is because of a type of file you have received nad there is no virus.. delete this file 120402140538 clip,, some think its funny to send these ,, we have all seen them before on 7.173.. its some kind of .jpg file,, Dave, KB4YZ could tell you what it is if he reads this..  make sure you delet this file EVERYWHERE, last received, etc ( do a search for it and then just delet them all.. Problem should go away..

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2012
          Thanks for the reply.
          John, ve3dvv