DIGTRX AUTOSTART

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 9, 2003
      I got this in a message from Tom:

      Tom N9AMR wrote:

      > Just a note to let you all know the new DIGTRXEA.ZIP file is now
      > available on Roland's web page. I downloaded the new file and
      > installed it right over the existing.
      >
      > Dave, you will like it, but you still will have to interact with the
      > program at present, to close the DOS window when finished decoding.
      > (Perhaps this will be changed later).
      >
      > Roland is also working on a display, as you will see by the grayed out
      > area on his GUI. It looks like more in coming.

      The file is here:
      http://www.qsl.net/py4zbz/hdsstv/digtrxap.zip

      73 Dave KB4YZ
    • tomcat461762003 <tomj@svs.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2003
        Just a quick note to all of you...

        I have yet to have the A/start, A/stop fail to work even with the
        poorest of conditions. It will even work when you cannot decode the
        image using 70% redundancy. This feature works very well !

        When using DIGTRX, I have discovered how to close the DOS windows
        automatically, so that you do NOT have to interact with the program
        while decoding the image. In this way, DIGTRX can receive images
        automatically, and display them automatically also. To fix your
        windows, and allow the DOS window to close automatically, do this:

        Go to the folder where DIGTRX is located. Find the files called
        "rxzbz.bat" and "txzbz.bat".
        Click the (right mouse button) on one of these files, and then click
        on properties. In properties,
        click on the "Program" tab. Down toward the bottom of the window,
        find the little square box labeled "Close On Exit", and click the
        mouse on this box.

        I also went to the "Screen" tab under properties, and clicked on
        "FULL
        Screen" in lieu of "Window" on usage. This seemed to fix the DOS
        window from corrupting the waterfall when the DOS window closes.

        Do this to both of the above files, and the program works great with
        windows'98. It still has problems with XP, and doesn't seem to work
        well, if at all !

        73, de N9AMR -- Tom