EasyPal and Win7 Installation

  • kmilr
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2012
      I've had Easy Pal working w/no problems when I was running Vista as an OS. Last week, I wiped off the hard drive and installed WIN7 Professional. All of my prior programs work fine with the new installation. But......I downloaded EasyPal (Oct ver) and ran the install .exe. The program will not load and I keep getting the error code 0xe06d7363. I've uninstalled it and re-installed it twice (from different download servers) and still get the same results.
      I did notice that the main program files are being installed in the 64 bit directory (as opposed to the 'Program Files (x86)' directory.
      I'm wondering if that could be the problem?
      Thanks for reading this and any help would be appreciated.

      73,
      Keith Miller AGØH
    • Paul Young
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
        Make sure you have something plugged
        into your sound card

        Paul

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
          Make sure you install it into x86 folder and not just the program files folder.. ( x86 is for 32 bit programs) and make sure its gone from everything else.. ( hand delete if you have to)

          Garrett / AA0OI

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
            Why would that be, Paul? Would a shorted connector work?

            {^_^}

            On 2012/01/02 04:43, Paul Young wrote:

            > *Make sure you have something plugged*
            > *into your sound card*
            > **
            > *Paul*

          • Paul Young
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
              You will find with some  sound cards you need to have
              anything plugged into them, I don’t think its good idea to
              plug anything shorted into your sound card.

              On one of my PC’s here EasyPal will not run with nothing
              in the sound card, my other PC is fine.

              Paul

              Why would that be, Paul? Would a shorted connector work?

              {^_^}

              On 2012/01/02 04:43, Paul Young wrote:

              > *Make sure you have something plugged*

              *into your sound card*
              > **
              > *Paul*
              href="mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com <mailto:mailto:digsstv%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                That's strange. That would mean if there was no speaker for the system
                sounds it would pack in. There is almost never something plugged into
                the microphone. Yet the PCs don't pack it in, even if you play with
                Microsoft's silly record toy.

                A jack with a 1k resistor to ground on both speaker and microphone should
                do no damage and give not even hum to provide a signal. It'd be interesting
                to see if that allows EasyPal to run. If it does I'd be interested in
                finding out what you're doing that's so fragile. You might have figured out
                how to do something that is useful. (I am intrigued at an error 0xe0msc.
                That looks like a really strange buffer overwrite or something.)

                {o.o} Joanne, W6MKU

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                  A quick search suggests this is a message associated with a broken install of
                  NET 2.0, "Invalid or corrupt installation of .Net 2.0 Framework."

                  "The following runtime error will occur when the .NET 2.0 version of mscorwks
                  tries to use the 1.1 version of mscoree 1.1.

                  "ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe06d7363 - <Unable to get error code text>"

                  Supposedly the resolution is to uninstall and then install Net 2.0 Framework.

                  It also might be associated with calling the Win32 SEH APIs.

                  In this case the cause is declared to be "All Visual C++ exceptions thrown
                  from code generated by the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler contain this error
                  code. Because this is a compiler-generated error, the code is not listed in
                  the Win32 API header files. The code is actually a cryptic mnemonic device,
                  with the initial "E" standing for "exception" and the final 3 bytes
                  (0x6D7363) representing the ASCII values of "msc"."

                  The resolution is for the developer:
                  ===8<---
                  To properly handle the error, you need to wrap the offending code in a
                  try...catch block. This allows the developer to identify the actual Visual C++
                  exception that was thrown.

                  While debugging an application with Microsoft Visual Studio, you can halt the
                  program immediately when this exception occurs, before any handler code is
                  invoked. This gives you a chance to view the offending statement and fix the
                  exception yourself by modifying the variable contents, thereby avoiding an
                  unwind. To set how the debugger handles this exception, follow these steps:

                  Start debugging your application.
                  From the Debug menu, click Exceptions.
                  Within the Exceptions dialog box, select error 0xE06D7363.
                  Change the value of Action from Stop if not handled to Stop alwaya.
                  ===8<---

                  I suspect this latter case is more to the point. I'm still intrigued at an
                  error that is solved by merely plugging something in to audio cards. It
                  sounds like a possible divide by zero error of some sort. With any kind of
                  noise the "zero" does not happen.

                  {o.o}

                  On 2012/01/02 09:36, Paul Young wrote:

                  > *You will find with some sound cards you need to have*
                  > *anything plugged into them, I don’t think its good idea to *
                  > *plug anything shorted into your sound card.*
                  > *On one of my PC’s here EasyPal will not run with nothing*
                  > *in the sound card, my other PC is fine.*
                  > **
                  > *Paul*

                • Charles Locke
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 2, 2012
                    Having the same issue with my 64 bit windows 7. It has ran fine in the past
                    then after loading a new version of EasyPal about 6 months ago I got this
                    same error. It runs fine on my 32 bit Windows 7 laptop along with my other
                    Vista 64 bit desktop. About 3 weeks ago I lost a hard drive on this machine
                    which I replaced and loaded Vista from my rescue CD, then Windows 7 upgrade.
                    Thought since I'm back with hardly anything on the machine, I would load the
                    latest version of EasyPal and be back in business.......same error code. I'm
                    really interested on what you find since I am fairly limited on computers.

[...]

                    From the Debug menu, click Exceptions.
                    Within the Exceptions dialog box, select error 0xE06D7363.
                    Change the value of Action from Stop if not handled to Stop alwaya.
                    ===8<---

                    I suspect this latter case is more to the point. I'm still intrigued at an
                    error that is solved by merely plugging something in to audio cards. It
                    sounds like a possible divide by zero error of some sort. With any kind of
                    noise the "zero" does not happen.

                    {o.o}

                    On 2012/01/02 09:36, Paul Young wrote:

                    > *You will find with some sound cards you need to have*
                    > *anything plugged into them, I don’t think its good idea to *
                    > *plug anything shorted into your sound card.*
                    > *On one of my PC’s here EasyPal will not run with nothing*
                    > *in the sound card, my other PC is fine.*
                    > **
                    > *Paul*

                    -----
                    No virus found in this message.
                  • kmilr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 3, 2012
                      After removing the EasyPal from my WIN7 installation, I installed the Nov Beta version and this time I paid attention to what directory the installer was putting the main program in. It became necessary to change the default location from 'Program Files' to 'Program Files(x86)'. That solved the problem and my EasyPal is working just fine. Thanks to all who responded!
                      73,
                      Keith Miller - AGØH