Re: [digsstv] EasyPal and Windows 7

  • Per Bekker-Madsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2011
      I run EasyPal on two desktop Pc Win 7 32Bit, and Win 7 64Bit. Also Win 7 32/64 bits were tested on Dell and Lenovo laptops with EasyPal works perfect. All pc´s are updated with latest from Microsoft, including SP1.

      73  Per  OV2V  &  OZ1EQC

      2011/7/8 <hitman@...>

      Hi John,

      I experienced this type of issue with windows 7. The error reported was a kernel crash.

      I found that (due to a crash and me agreeing to it) easypal was being run in compatability mode. An uninstall and reinstall did not fix it as Windows in it's infinate wisdom, remembered that i once selected that the program needs to be run this way.

      I needed to uninstall it, find the reference in the registry that told it to run in this mode and remove it.

      This is different to the compability mode you select from the properties of the executeable.

      Since then, no issue.

      This may not be your issue but it is something specific i came across when i first started playing with EP on Win 7.

      Cheers

      Matt

      VK3EVL

      On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:59:22 -0000, "John" <sgtjlawson@...> wrote:

      Yes I just installed win 7 (32 bit)and my EP program came on and ran 1 time but since then I can not get the program to start. The computer keeps saying that there is a problem and can not start, is there a simple fix for this?
      John

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2011
        I responded to this last night, but I believe that it went directly to Matt rather than the group...so I'm reposting here to confirm his fix worked with my problem too.

        I too had Win7 complain when I closed the program, I had two choices "run as administrator" or "this program is fine". I picked the admin choice and the program would no longer start up. Tried uninstall/reinstall, no luck. Hit properties on the .exe, made sure it wasn't being run in compatibility mode (it said it wasn't). Saw the post here, uninstalled easypal, went through the registry and deleted any key referencing easypal and then reinstalled. Voila, working program once again. Lesson learned: even though the program properties say it isn't in a compatibility mode, the registry shows different!

        So, if ya get that error window popping up after you close the program, DON'T hit "run as administrator", unless you need a 10 minute detour.

        On another note, I was able to grab one picture last night before I "fixed" the program. Looked great.

        Thanks again Matt!

        73 de N5TGL/Michael