Anyone using MFJ-998 tuner

  • wb5hqh
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2011
      I was wondering if anyone is using the MFJ-998 tuner. If you are, what does your wattmeter show as your power FWD when you transmit. I have the FT-2000 and was wondering just what it displays. The PO on the FT-2000 shows 50 Watts but the tuner only shows a few watts.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 20, 2011
        I bet both are right. FT probably reads something close to instantaneous
        peak power. MFJ probably reads something closer to average power. Digital
        SSTV uses modulation technology that has a high crest factor.

        {^_^}