DIGTRX - Alternative Digital SSTV Software

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
      DIGTRX - Alternative Digital SSTV Software by Roland PY4ZBZ

      This may help those that have had problems getting other
      forms of HDSSTV software to run on their computers.
      There is no built-in viewing window to view the picture
      files so an external picture viewing program is necessary.
      Image editing will also need to be done with a separate
      image editing program. It does encode, transmit, receive,
      and decode files that are identical to the original. Also,
      the original file names are preserved.

      JPEG images can be renamed to "temp.jpg" before encoding
      so that stations running DIGSSTV will see the image in the
      RX window.

      Our thanks to Roland PY4ZBZ !

      73 Dave KB4YZ
    • Ron
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
        Wow!

        What a nice looking program Roland came out with.
        I'll give it a try.
        Thanks for passing along the info Dave.

        73 Ron KA2HZO

        > DIGTRX - Alternative Digital SSTV Software by Roland PY4ZBZ

        > This may help those that have had problems getting other
        > forms of HDSSTV software to run on their computers.
        > There is no built-in viewing window to view the picture
        > files so an external picture viewing program is necessary.
        > Image editing will also need to be done with a separate
        > image editing program. It does encode, transmit, receive,
        > and decode files that are identical to the original. Also,
        > the original file names are preserved.
        >
        > JPEG images can be renamed to "temp.jpg" before encoding
        > so that stations running DIGSSTV will see the image in the
        > RX window.
        >
        > Our thanks to Roland PY4ZBZ !
        >
        > 73 Dave KB4YZ

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
          Hi Dave,

          Rolands program seems to work great.
          I like the way he calls up the conversion windows.
          I guess this makes the program legal. But not sure.

          We transfered our 1st JPEG2000 and Jpeg images over 2 meters. Just a few
          minutes ago. Without a problem. It seems to work on computers using both
          mobo pci sound cards and also with XP and WIN98SE boxes.

          The image name pops up in the folder and also on the deode line.

          Only thing missing would be auto start and auto stop.

          Thanks again for passing the info along.
          73 Ron KA2HZO

          > DIGTRX - Alternative Digital SSTV Software by Roland PY4ZBZ

          > This may help those that have had problems getting other
          > forms of HDSSTV software to run on their computers.
          > There is no built-in viewing window to view the picture
          > files so an external picture viewing program is necessary.
          > Image editing will also need to be done with a separate
          > image editing program. It does encode, transmit, receive,
          > and decode files that are identical to the original. Also,
          > the original file names are preserved.
          >
          > JPEG images can be renamed to "temp.jpg" before encoding
          > so that stations running DIGSSTV will see the image in the
          > RX window.
          >
          > Our thanks to Roland PY4ZBZ !
          >
          > 73 Dave KB4YZ

        • Ron
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2003
            Hi Dave,

            Providing this data in the window is also very cool.

            Wav To Binary Conversion Program - R 02.01

            For data file: rxzbz.wav
            using Hamming window and wav2bin program
            clock periods per block is: 27895.674
            clock periods per block is: 27894.088
            Now using 27894.08 clock periods per block

            Error Correction Mode Determination Weights
            Mode Index Weights
            0 0.0000
            1 31.1513
            2 0.0000
            3 0.0000

            Block inner | outer code | outer | inner code
            # code | erasures | code | changes
            changes|1st 2nd 3rd 4th | changes | 0 1 2 3 4
            ---- ------ |--- --- --- --- | --- | --- --- --- --- ---
            0 15 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 291 15 0 0 0 +
            1 7 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 299 7 0 0 0 +
            2 13 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 293 13 0 0 0 +
            3 10 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 296 10 0 0 0 +
            4 20 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 286 20 0 0 0 +
            5 14 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 292 14 0 0 0 +
            6 9 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 297 9 0 0 0 +
            7 12 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 294 12 0 0 0 +
            8 8 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 298 8 0 0 0 +
            9 16 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 290 16 0 0 0 +
            10 12 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 294 12 0 0 0 +
            11 9 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 297 9 0 0 0 +
            12 11 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 295 11 0 0 0 +
            13 18 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 288 18 0 0 0 +
            14 16 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 290 16 0 0 0 +
            15 6 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 300 6 0 0 0 +
            16 12 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 294 12 0 0 0 +
            17 7 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 299 7 0 0 0 +
            18 17 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 289 17 0 0 0 +
            19 19 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 287 19 0 0 0 +
            20 9 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 298 7 1 0 0 +
            21 11 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 295 11 0 0 0 +
            22 10 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 296 10 0 0 0 +
            23 13 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 293 13 0 0 0 +
            24 8 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 298 8 0 0 0 +
            25 9 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 297 9 0 0 0 +
            26 22 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 284 22 0 0 0 +
            27 16 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 290 16 0 0 0 +
            28 6 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 300 6 0 0 0 +
            29 10 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 296 10 0 0 0 +
            30 13 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 293 13 0 0 0 +
            31 12 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 294 12 0 0 0 +
            32 10 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 296 10 0 0 0 +
            33 18 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 288 18 0 0 0 +
            34 11 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 295 11 0 0 0 +
            35 10 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 296 10 0 0 0 +
            36 6 0h 0s 0t 0f 0 || 300 6 0 0 0 +

            Decoded result is file: BEJP32~1.JP2

            0 bad blocks detected, out of 37 total blocks.

            73 Ron KA2HZO

            > DIGTRX - Alternative Digital SSTV Software by Roland PY4ZBZ

            > This may help those that have had problems getting other
            > forms of HDSSTV software to run on their computers.
            > There is no built-in viewing window to view the picture
            > files so an external picture viewing program is necessary.
            > Image editing will also need to be done with a separate
            > image editing program. It does encode, transmit, receive,
            > and decode files that are identical to the original. Also,
            > the original file names are preserved.
            >
            > JPEG images can be renamed to "temp.jpg" before encoding
            > so that stations running DIGSSTV will see the image in the
            > RX window.
            >
            > Our thanks to Roland PY4ZBZ !
            >
            > 73 Dave KB4YZ

          • Ed De Jong
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
              This is a very nice program!
              First try on 14233, and a direct hit:

              Especially the scopes and output of decoding are great!

              Ed de Jong
              Balk. The Netherlands

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
                ..rite, works ok,  first three hits here were "temp.jpg" ok!!   go on Roland!!
                Leif