Kenwood TS590

  • SIDNEY
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2011
      Hi, Has anyone used the Kenwood TS590 built in Soundcard for DSSTV? I have it receiving images all OK, but as yet have not managed to transmit any images.
      73 de Sid.
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
        Sid,

        I don't have a Kenwood but I do have an Icom IC7600 that has a sound card in it. I had to download the driver at the ICOM website and it works fine using a USB cable from the computer to the back of the radio. You have to choose the right driver when you setup DIGSSTV. Mine is called USB AUDIO CODEC. Good luck.

        Mark

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "SIDNEY" <sidneyharbour@...> wrote:

        > Hi, Has anyone used the Kenwood TS590 built in Soundcard for DSSTV? I have it receiving images all OK, but as yet have not managed to transmit any images.
        > 73 de Sid.

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 11, 2011
          When you say 'built in Soundcard' which connector are you talking about on the TS590, I wonder?

          I can see the traditional ACC2 connector, which gives fixed level audio in/out as per many other Kenwoods, and I see the 'USB' port which seems to be just computer control, but I can't see any built in soundcard on the rig...

          Dave (G0DJA)

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2011
            Hi Mark,
            Thank you for your reply. I had the USB codec chosen all OK but I had not set up the audio levels correctly, silly mistake I have given myself a slap on the wrist. I have been able to send Digital SSTV images into my dummy load so now I will try on air. Once again my thanks.
            73 de Sid.

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <k6ycv@...> wrote:

            > Sid,
            >
            > I don't have a Kenwood but I do have an Icom IC7600 that has a sound card in it. I had to download the driver at the ICOM website and it works fine using a USB cable from the computer to the back of the radio. You have to choose the right driver when you setup DIGSSTV. Mine is called USB AUDIO CODEC. Good luck.
            >
            > Mark
            >
            > --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "SIDNEY" <sidneyharbour@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi, Has anyone used the Kenwood TS590 built in Soundcard for DSSTV? I have it receiving images all OK, but as yet have not managed to transmit any images.
            > > 73 de Sid.

          • SIDNEY
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12, 2011
              Hi Dave,
              Just picked up your message. I could find no mention of the inbuilt sound-card as such in the Manual. I had seen references on a posting on another group so a little bit of "Googling" confirmed that there is one. The way I have it set up is as follow`s.
              Using the USB cable and selecting USB in Menu 63. You can then have CAT via Kenwoods ARCP-590 program very impressive. But as I use HRD with CAT I installed the DB9 cable which gave me instant CAT via HRD. I do not run both programs at the same time.
              Back to the USB sound-card. If you look in your digital program, I use HRD+DM780 and for DSSTV EasyPal.(which I now have working) On the sound card settings you will see a USB codec. Choose this and away you go. I had to play with the settings in Menu 64 and 65 to get the ALC down. Also on my PC audio sliders. Different settings for both programs but I save these with QuickMix.
              Hope this makes sense.

              73 de Sid G3PQB