Re: New to DRM SSTV

  • tedpvhome
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2010
      I've found it pretty easy to have AVG disregard the offending file. No problems getting decent AVG free protection AND learning about digital SSTV using Easypal.

      I did spend a couple of months agonizing over 'trusting' Easypal to not be a virus.

      After following this group for a while and using one of the older versions of Easypal that AVG didn't have problem with I slowly gained trust that Easypal was no virus and the offending single internal file wasn't really a virus.

      My biggest problem was trying out all kinds of different virus checkers. They all have problems of one sort or another. So far, AVG Free seems to be the best one I've come across.

      Just my two cents. ymmv.

      Ted
      NX6C

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2011
        Hi Ted:
        there is a program on the net called Virus Total.. you can take any file  and send it up to Virus Total and it will run it thru 40 different virus programs to check it for probems.. its free,, and it can be an .exe a zip or anything any willl come back and tell you the results...try it ,, it works great

        Garrett / AA0OI