EasyPal & Win7 (64bit) problem

  • Jacob
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2010
      On my laptop running Windows7 (64bit) whenever I plug the adio input cable into the laptop the input adio is coming out over the speakers/headphone jack. This is causing me trouble as I have been using the DIGI-VOX function in my Yaesu FT-450 radio so as to eliminate the interface box and less clutter on the desk.

      On 7.173Mhz last night, someone mentioned that there was a way to fix this problem using the DLL files but he was not sure how to do it.

      Anyone have a good answer how to fix this problem???

      QUESTION: If I tell Windows7 to run the program in 32bit mode (if possible) would this fix it?

      Jacob Tennant - K8JWT
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2010
        That sort of indicates that W7 is in "monitor mode"

        Does W7 have a mixer control to switch this on and off?
        (I still use XP on the windows box)

        I did a bit of searching, and there are quite a few comments regarding
        the rather poor support / ease of use for sound in W7. I did spot one
        post that may be worth checking out.

        Control panel > sounds > recording tab - pick an empty slot and ensure
        that "show disabled devices" is ticked.

        Andy

        On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:45:19 -0000
        "Jacob" <k8jwtennant@...> wrote:

        > On my laptop running Windows7 (64bit) whenever I plug the adio input cable into the laptop the input adio is coming out over the speakers/headphone jack. This is causing me trouble as I have been using the DIGI-VOX function in my Yaesu FT-450 radio so as to eliminate the interface box and less clutter on the desk.
        >
        > On 7.173Mhz last night, someone mentioned that there was a way to fix this problem using the DLL files but he was not sure how to do it.
        >
        > Anyone have a good answer how to fix this problem???
        >
        > QUESTION: If I tell Windows7 to run the program in 32bit mode (if possible) would this fix it?
        >
        > Jacob Tennant - K8JWT

      • MICHAEL G3VPA
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2010
          The same issue can occur with windows XP.

          The solution is to display the Transmit audio controls (I set master volume and Wave to mid point to reduce distortion) and on Transmit settings display Mic Volume and mute it.

          This stops the problem of feedback.

          This is NOT the same as Mic volume on Receive settings, this again can be set to mid point.

          You then adjust your interfaces Transmit pot to give best signal to noise ratio, (ask receiving station for this or better still use and Easypal repeater to optimise S/N ratio)

          Receive volume is not critical set to just fill the spectrum window.

          73's

          Mike G3VPA