Easy Pal - False Positive Report. G7OGX

  • mahogany2256
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 27, 2010
      Hello, had a few of these during regular scans. Using Easy Pal 24B OCT/2010 and AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011.

      C:/easypal/transient/FTPS.EXE

      73 Chris G7OGX
    • eriksradio
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2010
        Thanks Chris,

        While EasyPal is running.
        Do an in situ scan of FTPS.EXE in the root folder and also the transient folder. Both files are identical.

        Does AVG still report a virus ??

        Erik VK4AES

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "mahogany2256" <claninwood@...> wrote:

        > Hello, had a few of these during regular scans. Using Easy Pal 24B OCT/2010 and AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011.
        >
        > C:/easypal/transient/FTPS.EXE
        >
        > 73 Chris G7OGX

      • mahogany2256
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 28, 2010
          Erik, scanned and NO VIRUS REPORTED. Both results pages uploaded. Regards and thanks for giving us so much fun. Chris G7OGX

          --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "eriksradio" <esundstrup@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Chris,
          >
          > While EasyPal is running.
          > Do an in situ scan of FTPS.EXE in the root folder and also the transient folder. Both files are identical.
          >
          > Does AVG still report a virus ??
          >
          > Erik VK4AES
        • richard611657
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2010
            A friend also had problems with AVG giving a false positive on EasyPal 20B/NOV/2010. He changed to McAfee and now has no problem.

            Another friend uses Sophos which gives a false positive. He decided that he doesn't want to use EasyPal any more as it has too many problems. A pity.
          • Dave Ackrill
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 29, 2010
              On 29/11/2010 18:53, richard611657 wrote:
              > A friend also had problems with AVG giving a false positive on EasyPal 20B/NOV/2010. He changed to McAfee and now has no problem.
              >
              > Another friend uses Sophos which gives a false positive. He decided that he doesn't want to use EasyPal any more as it has too many problems. A pity.

              I think that should read "He decided that he doesn't want to use EasyPal
              any more as..." his anti-virus software has too many problems.

              Dave (G0DJA)
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                Hi Richard:
                AVG does give false possitives,, but McAfee is one of the worst anti virus programs around,, slows machine down lots ,, lots of false positives,, try Microsoft Security Ess. which is free and one of the best ones according to recent poles.. Easy Pal has very few ,, if any,, problems,, if hes having probems its his computer or other software..
                Contact us ( or me) on this reflector and we will be glad to help fix his probems..
                Garrett / AA0OI

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                  A pity that he gave up so easily, Easypal is a fantastic program when you get to know it.

                  The false positive is due to the program C32.exe in the Easypal Directory.
                  In AVG you can exclude this file from being checked by using the AVG option :-
                  Tools/Advanced Settings/ Resident Shield/ Excluded Files. and browse file C:/Easypal/C32.exe.

                  There is nothing wrong with C32 and this issue has been reported to AVG but at the moment with no resulting action.

                  Then only do a scan of specific files as a whole computer scan will quarantine this file.

                  73's
                  Mike G3VPA

                  --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "richard611657" <g8eia@...> wrote:

                  > A friend also had problems with AVG giving a false positive on EasyPal 20B/NOV/2010. He changed to McAfee and now has no problem.
                  >
                  > Another friend uses Sophos which gives a false positive. He decided that he doesn't want to use EasyPal any more as it has too many problems. A pity.

                • Jim KJ7S
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                         I have been running EasyPal with no issues in the false positive arena for a Long Time...I guess I don't get why all the hub bubb...running either AVG or Avast with no reports...Microsoft Essentials is good and doesn't hog resources like Mcaffee or Norton or CA...  I hope you exercise some extra patience in the installation and operation of EasyPal and get some help to work out the problems you are having.  That said, the problem I have and is widespread, is a loss of the "header" of the pic during the txmission, which then requires only about a 10 second repeat of the pic to get it to come up.   Merry Christmas to all TNT... de Jim
                    --
                    73's
                    KJ7S

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 30, 2010
                      Hi Jim:
                      I have forward the header part to Erik a couple of times and will do it again.. we all seem to be have this problem from time to time,, reason unknown..

                      Garrett / AA0OI