Re: [digsstv] crash

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2010
      1) Get a tool for completely checking your disk. You may have a bad spot.
      2) What peripherals have you added since it last worked properly?
      3) What software have you added since it last worked properly?
      4) What is the last time you ran a full virus scan both from your own
      Anti-Virus software and an online AV software from a different company?
      5) TBD

      {^_^} Joanne, W6MKU
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2010
        Good chance that could do it. The key from my last message is
        make sure the HW is solid and check what changed lately. That
        COULD include a suddenly changed antenna VSWR....

        {^_-} Joanne, W6MKU
        sounds like rf getting into the computer.. disconnect the radio from the
        computer and just send a computer picture ( no radio) and see if it
        crashes.. if
        it doesnt its rf..

        Garrett / AA0OI

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
          latest on my crash.
          Not an rf problem. will crash with radio off. Also crash with interface disconnected. disconnected cable from computer. computer did not crash byt program disappeared. at end of a transmit, this was with program still set to comport. Does not shut down with set to zero. program will woek in vfo mode. And same old story I often hear, all other programs will work fine

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
            Hi Vince:
            where do yu have it installed,, what directory?? and do you only have one instance installed ( that can be a problem if more tthan one someplace hidden)

            Garrett / AA0OI

            Not an rf problem. will crash with radio off. Also crash with interface disconnected. disconnected cable from computer. computer did not crash byt program disappeared. at end of a transmit, this was with program still set to comport. Does not shut down with set to zero. program will woek in vfo mode. And same old story I often hear, all other programs will work fine

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "VINCE" <ka3isj@...> wrote:

            > win 7 computer,several lastest versions easypal. The program worked fine for a year. lately i get the blue screen. The program receives fine,It transmits fine. At the end of tune or end of transmit of a picture is when I get the blue screen. I reinstall fronm Factory Disk a reformat and all. downloaded lastest drivers.and made no differance.
            >
            > Has anyone had this problem
            >
            > Thanks in Advance
            >
            > Vince AB3KO

          • VINCE
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
              In the root directory, only thing on the computer was easypal and drivers for cable. Added antivirus and others after.Everything else is working fine. only one installed. Three times I reinstalled from reformating drive. I think the problem is something beside the usb cable. Only other thing done with computer was a dvd player. will try disconnecting that. The usb cable is west mountain, tried another cable., Same problem. Both cables worked before. Lost on this one. Always managed to solve problems before.

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 3, 2010
                  try uninstalling it, then go to root directory and make sure entire thing is gone,, install it in the c:\programs files (86x) folder ( this is where it shoould be to begin with)  we did have someone the other day whowas having same type problem and it turned out that when he did a BIOS update it fixed it ( don't ask me,, but it fixed it) so make sure BOIS is current.
                  before you install it in the 86x folder make sure there is no folder there before ,,,CLEAN install..
                  then we'll go from there ( I will ask our group on 7.173 and se if they have any ideas)

                  Garrett / AA0OI

                  In the root directory, only thing on the computer was easypal and drivers for cable. Added antivirus and others after.Everything else is working fine. only one installed. Three times I reinstalled from reformating drive. I think the problem is something beside the usb cable. Only other thing done with computer was a dvd player. will try disconnecting that. The usb cable is west mountain, tried another cable., Same problem. Both cables worked before. Lost on this one. Always managed to solve problems before.

                  --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, AA0OI <aa0oi@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Vince:
                  > where do yu have it installed,, what directory?? and do you only have one
                  > instance installed ( that can be a problem if more tthan one someplace hidden)
                  >
                  > Garrett / AA0OI

                • VINCE
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2010
                    The latest, I pluged usb into front of computer., Easypal keep working . will try again today to see what happens. A little bit scared of pluging it in the rear usb now. Just need to watch it. In a day or two, If it keeps working will try the rear usb. I bet when I go to the rear plug it will work. made no changes other then, plug in front. Got my fingers crossed.

                    Thanks to all who replied
                    AB3KO Vince