"file not found" during easypal startup

  • Howard Z
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19 6:05 AM
      Hi,

      I am getting 'File not found' every time I start Easypal.
      And then the Easypal main window will not appear.

      I tried uninstalling Easypal and reinstalling Easypal, but this did not help.

      Any suggestions?

      Howard
    • Keith Lloyd
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19 7:04 AM
        Place Easypal in C/Programs.
         If your using Vista or Win7 I had the same problem then I manualy inserted the EP program into C/ Program Files and not C/ Program files X86....
        Try that
        good luck
        73
        Keith
        M0KLL

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19 11:18 AM
          I've had to uninstall all versions that I was not using and then run the disk cleaner and a registry cleaner to make sure all instances are gone, then install to an empty folder to get it to work.
          For some reason it seems, that easypal may corrupt itself sometimes when it writes settings or logs off the ftp system or something...not sure exactly what does it.
          --
          73's
          KJ7S

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 19 4:34 PM
            Yep,

            It turned out to be something wrong with the app.cfg file.

            Howard

            --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, "Jim KJ7S" <kj7s@...> wrote:

            > I've had to uninstall all versions that I was not using and then run the disk cleaner and a registry cleaner to make sure all instances are gone, then install to an empty folder to get it to work.
            > For some reason it seems, that easypal may corrupt itself sometimes when it writes settings or logs off the ftp system or something...not sure exactly what does it.
            > --
            > 73's
            > KJ7S
            > "The Sum of Knowledge and Experience, is Wisdom"
            > "Censor Yourself, Not Others"
            > "Everything I needed to learn about Islam, I learned on 9/11."

          • Paul Young
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20 5:23 AM
              Hi Howard,

              This is a common problem and you will often get this if you don't
              have anything plugged into your sound card. If you still have the problem
              after having plugs in your sound card you could try a fresh install into
              c:\easypal

              Paul G0HWC
              Website: http://www.g0hwc.com
              Truck Cam: http://www.truckcam.tv
              Skype:  paul.g0hwc

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 15, 2010
                Keith:
                are you sure you don't have that backwards?? the 86x folder in 64 bit windows 7 is for 32 bit programs and the other program folder is for 64 bit programs.  I run mine in the 86x floder..

                Garrett / AA0OI