  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2010
      addendum to my last....

      have tried yet another dongle, and it acts the same as the other
      two...all work in multipsk with rts keying in xp and win7. will
      not work with easypal.

      still seeking suggestions....

      david/wd4kpd

      God's law is set in stone : everything else is negotiable

      wd4kpd@... wd4kpd

      --
      God's law is set in stone : everything else is negotiable
    • Jim KJ7S
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
        Just a thought, some tx configs need RTS AND DTR high for tx.
        --
        73's
        KJ7S

        wd4kpd@suddenlink. net wd4kpd

        --
        God's law is set in stone : everything else is negotiable

      • CT1QK
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010

          Hello All

          I am wondering if it is possibly to create a narrow mode, for instance more or less with 500 Hz bandwidth in EasyPal for use in difficult conditions.

          I am far away from central Europe and on 80m sometimes is very difficult to deal with strong phasing and QSB even on 4/2.2/B and E.

          So I have think if the bandwidth was not so large (2,4 Khz) and we use a more narrow mode like for instance 4/0.5 Hz/B would get better results with the phasing problems, because if we only have 4 carriers do we need all the bandwidth?

          Off course there is the problem of the pilot tons, but for that mode it could be use only the central pilot ton, or the last two ones. This could be a way to identify this mode and the wider ones, mostly used on 20m and VHF.

          Can you give me an opinion if I am correct? Or is this a silly idea as I call it on subject.

          CT1QK
          Rui