Re: [digsstv] Robot SSTV 400c Converter

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      Is this a Robot 400C ?

      If so this is a very early commercial SSTV convertor. The C denotes that
      it is the colour version. This is an Analog SSTV convertor, not Digital
      SSTV. It had a 3 picture memories and not much else.

      It was superseded by the 1200C quite quickly, and that was when the
      additional modes such as martin and scotty first made their appearance,
      via a third party rom for the 1200.

      I can't see a manual on the net. If you want to get on air with SSTV,
      then unless you have a specific interest in getting old equipment up and
      running, then it would be much easier with a soundcard based system such
      as MMSSTV.

      DSSTV is a totally different system, which requires the une of a computer
      based system. For that the main software is EasyPal

      Andy

      On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:05:55 -0000
      "Jim" <n5vgq@...> wrote:

      > I need a manual for this converter. Can anyone help me. I am new to the group,Thanks Jim

    • JIM Rogers
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2010
        Yes  Andy it was the 400C I was asking about.  A ham friend found one in some stuff he got and was asking me about it sense I played with SSTV some. I will forward the information on to him you sent me. Thanks for the help.  Jim