EasyPal and Flex Radio

  • w8ikn@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
      I am unable to get comports set up with EasyPal  so I canswitch from receive to transmit. Can anyone help ?

      Art, K8JK

    • wx7y
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
        Are you running a Virtual serial port program?
        What are the TWO COM ports (CAT and PTT) set up as in PowerSDR?
        You want to use the RTS/DTR for the PTT in EasyPAL pointing to the OPPOSITE Pair of the Virtual COM Port your using in PowerSDR's PTT Control.
        SO if your COM Port pair is COM6 and COM16 put COM16 in PowerSDR and COM6 in EASYPAL, Make sure BOTH programs you have RTS and DTR Checked and Enabled.
        CAT Functions don't work between EasyPal and PowerSDR or at least I haven't been able to get it to work.
        73's and hope this helps
        Bret
        WX7Y

        --- In digsstv@yahoogroups.com, w8ikn@... wrote:

        > I am unable to get comports set up with EasyPal  so I canswitch from receive to transmit. Can anyone help ?
        >
        > Art, K8JK

      • CT1QK
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2010
          Hi Fellows

          I am using the 18 Fev version of Easypal, and I am used to see on older
          versions
          the TX Wave files scrolling on the waterfall while in TX.
          But on the last one the waterfall freeze while in emission, so I can see
          for instance a WFPic that is send on the waterfall, for contrast analysis.
          Is this normal in this version? or something has change on the
          configuration menus in this last version?

          CT1QK Rui
        • Jim KJ7S
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
            Rui.. The newer versions of EasyPal have the tx waterfall off I think
            because of some loop configuration and crash problems in some setups..so..in
            the action tab,click on activate TX waterfall...but remember this is
            something you do not want on all the time..as it causes lockup problems etc.
            but you may be able to use it for your waterfall pic analysis.
            --
            73's
            KJ7S

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2010
              I have heard that this will be fixed in the next released version.

              73 Dave KB4YZ

              CT1QK wrote:

              >Hi Fellows
              >
              >I am using the 18 Fev version of Easypal, and I am used to see on older
              >versions
              >the TX Wave files scrolling on the waterfall while in TX.
              >But on the last one the waterfall freeze while in emission, so I can see
              >for instance a WFPic that is send on the waterfall, for contrast analysis.
              >Is this normal in this version? or something has change on the
              >configuration menus in this last version?
              >

              >CT1QK Rui

            • CT1QK
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 7, 2010
                Ok Jim thanks for reply
                I have test the action>menu>TxWaterfall and it does not work at all.
                It opens an alert pop up but as soon as I try to TX it disable that
                function.
                I don’t see also how to put the PTT off as advise on the popup box, I am
                using Com1
                For PTT, and there is no option for PTT off. If I select vox or cat the
                effect is the some.
                Let us wait and see for next evolutions, is just a mater of getting used
                to the changes.

                CT1QK
                Rui