Re: [digsstv] EasyPal installed FTP issue on the new version!!!

  • ke4lkq
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010
         EasyPal Ftp will work from any folder in all operating systems as long as the proper permissions and user setup is applied!!
         Using ftp from the program directory here as well as from some other places in the directory structure as experiments prove.
      Vic  K4XTT

      On 2/21/2010 11:23 AM, Keith Le Boutillier wrote:

      Hi Group

      Well after paying around with the latest version of easypal I now have the auto FTP function working in this version.

      It well may be documented and I have missed it but in windows vista and windows 7 the latest version of easypal will only FTP if easypal is installed

      In C:\easypal.

      If installed in C:\program files FTP  won’t work, I tried settings in the UAC but could not FTP work.

      Sorry if this has already been covered but its caught me out.

      73 Keith GU6EFB

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2010
        In my case, I was able to get it working by right clicking on the shortcut,clicking on"troubleshoot compatibility", "troubleshoot program", select "The program requires additional permissions"(check the box), then start the program, if it works that way, then click next...   that is in win7 64, in vista you may see something a little different, but I think a similar procedure will get you there.
        --
        73's
        KJ7S
        The new version is working flawlessly on my Vista laptop with the exception of the installed FTP program MOVEit Freely. However i can manually load the pic the FTP thru it's command prompt. If i use an older EasyPal version it works fine, with the exception that i can't load any pics without my anti-virus program saying the .jpg images are viruses, but not on the new version. Can anyone help with this please. I know of one other person that is having this problem also but he is running Windows 7.

        Thanks and 73,
        KC9OUB Nate Harris

      • Nate Harris
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 22, 2010
          I really appreciate all the feedback i have recieved. What it took here ultimately was giving full administrator privilages to Easypal and MOVEit Freely(FTP Program). I am running Vista though. I have relayed the message to some other ham's that were having the same problem and i am waiting on feedback from them. Thanks again for the help.

          Best Reguards & 73,
          KC9OUB
          Nate Harris