EasyPal & Kenwood TS-850S

  • WD8MBE
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2010
      I am trying to setup EasyPal using my TS-850S via the CAT cable. However, I cannot find the code(strings) for PTT On and PTT Off.

      Is anyone else using this configuration? Or can anyone help me on these codes?

      73s,Tom,WD8MBE
    • Dave Ackrill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2010
        WD8MBE wrote:
        > I am trying to setup EasyPal using my TS-850S via the CAT cable. However, I cannot find the code(strings) for PTT On and PTT Off.

        The manual for the IF232 settings can be downloaded at
        http://tk5ep.free.fr/tech/ts850/if232/datas/if232.pdf

        Please read the warning on page 3 about needing to convert RS-232
        voltages with an IF-232 interface. However, if you do not have an
        interface, there are designs available to homebrew one. I made a simple
        one using a MAX232 chip when I had a TS-850.

        Page 17 suggests that the commands are RX and TX but you may want to
        confirm this by using a program like Ham Radio Deluxe to control the
        TS-850 and by using a program like PortMon to monitor what is sent to
        the TS-850.

        Dave (G0DJA)