Repeater directory sorting

  • w5dbk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
      Our club is making extensive use of the EasyPal repeater function and
      it would be helpful if there was a way to set up the repeater directory
      to be sorted by time stamp instead of alphabetical. Perhaps a choice
      when you start the repeater function locally? This would help with the
      question "I can't find your file, when did you send it?"

      Dave
      W5DBK
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
        From Erik:

        Not a bad idea.
        But there is more to it than a simple sort.
        At the RX end, the file age is not sent with the individual file names.
        These are the names only, not the file.

        The file age can only exist with the full file at the Repeater end.
        So the request for the sorting type must be made at the request end.

        So the user must specify what type of sort to use when requesting the Directory.
        And the sorting will have to be done by the repeater.

        It might also be possible to tag the filenames sent by the repeater with the fileage.
        Then the sorting could be done at the RX end.

        At present the filenames are aged by the time the repeater sends them, so is useless for sorting.

        I will look to see if it is practical to include.

        Erik

        Garrett / AA0OI

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
          For our purpose, the directory sorting could be set up when the
          repeater station is activated. In other words, one of the initial
          setup choices would be "set repeater directory to sort on a) name or
          b) sort on date/time.

          If the remote station could select the type of sort, that would be
          great but I agree it may get to be more complicated than it seems.

          Dave
          W5DBK